Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-22, 18:59)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
ragedogg69 Wrote:Is there a quick fix to get Solo Mode working? Since RCB script is trying to close XBMC.exe, which is now Kodi, so it does not close. I looked at the scripts in the addon, but I cannot make heads or tales out of them.
You need to edit the scripts in "addon_data/userdata". You can find an updated version of "applaunch.bat" here.

I have updated to those batch files, however solo mode does not work. It will launch the game fine, but not close Kodi and KodiLauncher sends focus back to Kodi. Are there more files I need to update?
I don't know if its just something weird on my end, but I can't seem to see any configuration options for scraping when I first try to setup RCB. I've tried different skins on both Kodi and RCB, but nothing shows.

Here's an example:
http://i.imgur.com/3xwpSIC.png

I just took the defaults the first time, but I came across some issues when scanning, and only a few were imported. When I went to delete my rom collection, same type of thing, a configuration menu that looked blank.

Am I missing something, or is this right?

Edit: The above was done on OpenELEC 5.0 . I just tried it again on my Ubuntu desktop, and same thing?? Very strange.
A couple of questions:

- How do I have to configure the emulator parameters to make this work? I added four emulators (NES, SNES, N64, PS2) but only NES seems to be working but only as a window, not in full screen. So I have NES emulator and Kodi windows after launching. The other emus don't work. Some say the parameters are wrong.

- Are there any other views? The default view doesn't really work well with my skin. It looks like a Confluence list while I'm using Titan skin.
(2015-01-30, 21:48)cquilliam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if its just something weird on my end, but I can't seem to see any configuration options for scraping when I first try to setup RCB. I've tried different skins on both Kodi and RCB, but nothing shows.

Here's an example:

I just took the defaults the first time, but I came across some issues when scanning, and only a few were imported. When I went to delete my rom collection, same type of thing, a configuration menu that looked blank.

Edit: The above was done on OpenELEC 5.0 . I just tried it again on my Ubuntu desktop, and same thing?? Very strange.

Same exact thing happening for me on Android. I deleted an existing ROM Collection and this started happening. The config options are blank and games won't import. I tried the "clean the database" option, uninstall/reinstalled add-on, deleted RCB files from userdata... but still no luck. The first time I set this up it seemed to work OK, until I deleted the ROM collection. Now it seems stuck like this.

EDIT: I went in and looked at the config.xml file and noticed that in the ROM path it had ".smc at the end of the path. I thought the quote mark was odd, so I changed that to a * and tried to import again, and sure enough it worked. I know I did not use a quotation mark in the file mask...

EDIT 2: The config options are still screwy so maybe that was a separate issue. I'm happy I can at least import and launch my games now though. Smile
(2015-01-30, 17:48)ragedogg69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-22, 18:59)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
ragedogg69 Wrote:Is there a quick fix to get Solo Mode working? Since RCB script is trying to close XBMC.exe, which is now Kodi, so it does not close. I looked at the scripts in the addon, but I cannot make heads or tales out of them.
You need to edit the scripts in "addon_data/userdata". You can find an updated version of "applaunch.bat" here.

I have updated to those batch files, however solo mode does not work. It will launch the game fine, but not close Kodi and KodiLauncher sends focus back to Kodi. Are there more files I need to update?

Okay, solved my issue here. 2 things: make sure to copy and paste the from every one of those .bat and sh files into your addon_data. Also, I needed to uncheck, use vbs script in solo mode. Now the only issue I have is when RCB opens Kodi again, Kodi fails to start common cache service. Restarting solves it, but it is a bit annoying.
I am having an issue when I exit a game and go back into xbmc it's in windowed mode and I have to reboot xbmc to get it back to full screen ?
(2015-01-30, 16:29)amelain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-15, 22:42)ducks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-15, 21:25)aoaaron Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I am not able to launch rom collection browser from the main menu in XBMC anymore after upgrading to Kodi.

When I was on 13.2, I set Aeon NOX to have a custom home menu option to launch RCB. Now it doesnt work. Is there a fix for this?

This worked for me:

(2014-12-22, 17:02)pgjensen Wrote: [ -> ]changing following line in addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py fixed the problem:

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':
Thanks Ducks !

I tried and it works great for me to !

Perfect! Worked for me as well. Thanks!
Any chance of the Eminence skin supporting RCB?
mikty Wrote:hi, I have installed the whole romset mame collection and rcb slowy loading games each time.
do you think you could make something on the next release ?
Not in the next release. There is a plan to improve this situation but it won't be done in near future.

joebloggs12 Wrote:@malte how hard would it be to add the simplest sub menu to load each collection from.just a 250px square button for each rom collection, if I can get to this stage ill make an icon for all systems in photo shop

something along the lines of this
Not very hard but it has to be done at all and this will require time I don't have these days. Thanks for the picture but I am afraid it will take some time until this feature will make it into RCB.

darkaegis Wrote:Has anyone been able to successfully import/scrape using local NFO files with a new installation of Kodi/Rom Collection Browser, or should I just give up and wait for the next update?
You are the first one who reports this issue but this feature is not used very often so it is possible that you are just the first one who ran into it. I did not test this myself but I guess you have to wait for the next update.

Feegus Wrote:Really looking forward to the next update/fixes! As it is, if my rom collection is on a thumb stick rcb can see them but cannot launch
There will be a "make local copy" option in one of the next releases (provided by sklick). Maybe this will help you to solve this issue.

jaochoo Wrote:How do I have to configure the emulator parameters to make this work? I added four emulators (NES, SNES, N64, PS2) but only NES seems to be working but only as a window, not in full screen. So I have NES emulator and Kodi windows after launching. The other emus don't work. Some say the parameters are wrong.
Yes, it sounds like a configuration issue. You should try to launch your emulators outside of XBMC/RCB at first to check if everything runs fine from command line. (Do it this way)

jaochoo Wrote:Are there any other views? The default view doesn't really work well with my skin. It looks like a Confluence list while I'm using Titan skin.
You could try another RCB skin. But there are not much options.

pattyg Wrote:I am having an issue when I exit a game and go back into xbmc it's in windowed mode and I have to reboot xbmc to get it back to full screen ?
Sometimes this happens when you have your screensaver activated. Try to deactivate it before you run RCB.

Gaizzie Wrote:Any chance of the Eminence skin supporting RCB?
It is the other way round. You have to ask the creator(s) of Eminence skin if they want to support RCB. See this page for more info.
Thanks will ask the guys/girls who created the Eminence skin!
(2015-02-02, 20:45)Gaizzie Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of the Eminence skin supporting RCB?

I use Eminence on my Fire TV and RCB can see and scrape my whole collection. Different views look really good and seems to fit well with the skin. You just make RCB a favorite through programs and add it to your home screen as a Custom Favorite and everything looks great!?

....of course it won't launch the games for me using latest RCB version but that's I guess because I have them on a mounted USB stick (rooted) but as far as skin compatibility with RCB you should already be good to go?
thanks for the reply malte I fully understand real life can get hectic. ive been looking through the py files to see if I can figure how it works and where it would need to be placed , how its called up ect but as I have just started reading python books its all a bit daunting.
Please help!!! So I had RCB set up beautifully on XBMC Gotham, but decided I should probably update to Kodi. I've gotten everything working but RCB. I lost all my setting so had begun adding my first of many collections/emulators to RBC when it had an error and closed out. Now I can't get it to open at all. Just get a "Error reading congig.xml. Configuration Error. See xbmc.log for details." I think I have successfully created a log which I will attach. Any help would be fantastic. Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=414197
@ jobble try going to your old XBMC folder in the roaming folder and copy all the rombrowser folders over to the Kodi folders. I had to do this myself all your stuff should reappear as it did for me.
(2015-01-30, 21:48)cquilliam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if its just something weird on my end, but I can't seem to see any configuration options for scraping when I first try to setup RCB. I've tried different skins on both Kodi and RCB, but nothing shows.

Here's an example:

The same thing here. I tried to install other Kodi/XBMC versions and the options still blank/disappeared

What's happening??!?! Can someone help us? SadSad

EDIT:
(2015-01-08, 16:28)imro2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-05, 14:31)dr_phil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-05, 11:46)Aurelien Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have the same problem... could you send your modified files ?

I wonder why there is this problem, is there any change in Kodi layout management ? Because I think the problem should appears with a lot of plugins, not only Rom Colelction Browser...

I agree. It seems strange that the positioning would change between releases. It seems like it would be all or none too. So all the labels should be off. Also it seems like it's only the combo boxes/lists that are experiencing the issue.

The problem here is that the posx + width are grater than the width of the parent element. I am guessing Kodi used to fix wrongly defined elements and suddenly just stopped fixing them.

If I knew how I would attach my fixed XMLs.

Edit:
These are for version="2.0.17"
script-RCB-editromcollection.xml
script-RCB-editscraper.xml
script-RCB-importoptions.xml
script-RCB-missinginfo.xml
script-RCB-removeRC.xml

I am sure they are not 100% as author intended, but they are working and they will get you by until a real fix comes.

That worked for me. Thanks a lot.