Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-24, 14:34)kayone Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:[quote='malte']
Did you try this via command line like explained here?

Not sure how i'd try this on a Fire TV? is it via ADB?

I haven't even touched droid yet and may be overreaching, but from my understanding yes you would use adb or ssh and run below(from emu_autoconfig.xml).

start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%rom%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/mame078_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Replacing %rom% with the the path to your rom
Sorry, maybe I'm just overlooking this horribly, but how do I add more roms/emulators after already having some?

Thanks!
Okay, so on my 9th collection I stumbled on upon a couple of what I believe are issues.

First when you import (online/default) a collection (psx) that have multiple disc (bin/cue) . All games are imported but the the "disk indicator" needs to be changed to identify properly the games with multiple discs. when I change it to /(disc/s/d/) and then re-import its does'nt identify the games. I have re-imported(dif setting),rescraped, cleaned db, restarted nothing seems to picked what wasn't already picked up on the original scan. This isn't a huge deal cause there are several workarounds first you can create collections with single game, then modify the "disk indicator" and reimport or i think modifying the config.py to the appropriate regex for the disk indicator (haven't tested this though).

Next I ended zipping all the roms...which works but when i use disk indicator with regex "\(disc\s\d\)*\.cue" (no qoutes). It picks up all the files in the zip and prompts with a menu showing all the bins and cues. I tried moving all the roms out of the folder then cleaning the DB and restarting, collection still there. I still haven't figured a workaround for this...maybe my regex is just shitty, i don't know.

Finally the piece that I can't get past right now. Is I can't delete the collection. Both "Rom Collection" and "Removal Options" are blank

11:38:18 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init ContextMenu
11:38:18 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit ContextMenu
11:38:18 T:7292 ERROR: EXCEPTION: 'platforms' is an invalid Id
11:38:18 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Error while reading platforms from addon. Assume that we are not in RetroPlayer branch.
11:38:24 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init Edit RC Basic
11:38:24 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit Remove Rom Collection
11:38:24 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: build rom collection list
11:38:24 T:7292 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: addItemsToList

I know you have a life outside of this project, so not sure if you want to hear all this and I'm sure i can hack my way around this but of this but thought i'd let you know anyway.

Anyway there it is.
(2015-02-25, 18:53)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, maybe I'm just overlooking this horribly, but how do I add more roms/emulators after already having some?

Thanks!

Do you mean a new collection (new platform) or additional roms to an existing collection?

Either way you need to go through the context menu (c on keyboard or right click) from withing rcb

If existing collection place the roms in the existing directory, then through the rcb context menu click import.

If new collection, through the rcb context menu click add new rom collection and go through the wizard

Hope that helps
(2015-02-25, 19:06)geopgin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-25, 18:53)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, maybe I'm just overlooking this horribly, but how do I add more roms/emulators after already having some?

Thanks!

Do you mean a new collection (new platform) or additional roms to an existing collection?

Either way you need to go through the context menu (c on keyboard or right click) from withing rcb

If existing collection place the roms in the existing directory, then through the rcb context menu click import.

If new collection, through the rcb context menu click add new rom collection and go through the wizard

Hope that helps
Awesome, thanks!
Anyone getting an issue where you can't change the scraping settings?
nope, only roms you have removed from folder
you should probably check out his wiki
(2015-02-25, 20:23)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone getting an issue where you can't change the scraping settings?

This will probably fix
I hope someone can help because im really missing RCB.... I keep getting this error for ages now, searched google for days for solution, nothing:
"No module named GUI"

20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: setting launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: Unhandled exception occured during execution of RCB:
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: No module named gui

I hope someone can help.
nalias Wrote:Thats right, when there is various versions of things, then they are a folder inside
Does it work for you when you have your files on top level of the zip?

How did you get these zips? Are you creating them manually or is there a tool that does it this way? Ofc, I could change the code and walk into the zip file. But this would also require to modify the rom selection dialog because you will need to represent the folder structure of the zip in the dialog. I guess this is too much work atm.

geopgin Wrote:I'm preparing my content for a FireTV so I'm trying to get my content together and as clean as possible. I'm currently using win7, and plan on using a usb hd for all my content. Would it be a better idea to config rcb as below for the best results?

1. Config RCB with a a single rom in each collection (emu_auto / retroarch)
2. Update the DB.file table with updated file paths
3. Stop Kodi
4. Copy the DB from win7 to rcb user data
5. Copy content including NFO's to USB
6. Start Kodi

Can you foresee any issues with that?

Also if anyone has has any advice for configuring firetv with rcb/retroarch or migrating content to firetv i'd more than happy to hear it. Anyone using path substitution config'd to usb for thumbnails on firetv? I'd like to know if it works as expected and what performance is like.
This could work. But you have to make sure that the path to your roms (and artwork) is exactly the same on FireTV and on your Win PC. You could also just copy/paste your config.xml. You just need to replace the emulatorCmd and -params. Everything else should work.

geopgin Wrote:First when you import (online/default) a collection (psx) that have multiple disc (bin/cue) . All games are imported but the the "disk indicator" needs to be changed to identify properly the games with multiple discs. when I change it to /(disc/s/d/) and then re-import its does'nt identify the games. I have re-imported(dif setting),rescraped, cleaned db, restarted nothing seems to picked what wasn't already picked up on the original scan. This isn't a huge deal cause there are several workarounds first you can create collections with single game, then modify the "disk indicator" and reimport or i think modifying the config.py to the appropriate regex for the disk indicator (haven't tested this though).
Yes, the design is not nice. I did not want to overload the basic setup with special stuff like disc indicators and things like this. Maybe I could add an option to switch to full settings dialog before importing games. Btw you don't need to import a single game to create your configuration. Just add your config and select "Cancel" in Import dialog. This will add your config and you can make changes before importing.

geopgin Wrote:Next I ended zipping all the roms...which works but when i use disk indicator with regex "\(disc\s\d\)*\.cue" (no qoutes). It picks up all the files in the zip and prompts with a menu showing all the bins and cues. I tried moving all the roms out of the folder then cleaning the DB and restarting, collection still there. I still haven't figured a workaround for this...maybe my regex is just shitty, i don't know.
Maybe you misunderstand this feature. If you have .bin and .cue files for one game you will only need one of them imported into RCBs database (e.g. file mask = *.bin). This one will be used to launch the game. The other one just needs to be placed next to the first one and is only required by the emulator (afaik). The disc indicator is used for games that have more than one playable disc (disc_1.bin, disc_2.bin).

geopgin Wrote:Finally the piece that I can't get past right now. Is I can't delete the collection. Both "Rom Collection" and "Removal Options" are blank
Damn, another kodi compatibility issue. I will fix it with next release. As a workaround you could use a gotham build to fix it or you have to change it manually in "script-RCB-removeRC.xml". Change all occurances of "<posx>570</posx>" to "<posx>220</posx>". Maybe you need another number, I did not test it yet.

geopgin Wrote:I know you have a life outside of this project, so not sure if you want to hear all this and I'm sure i can hack my way around this but of this but thought i'd let you know anyway.
Bug reports are always welcome. Even if I am not able to fix all of them.

Bundyka Wrote:I hope someone can help because im really missing RCB.... I keep getting this error for ages now, searched google for days for solution, nothing:
"No module named GUI"

20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: setting launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: Unhandled exception occured during execution of RCB:
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: No module named gui

I hope someone can help.
I need some more info. What version of XBMC/Kodi and RCB? Did it work before? What did you change?
Can i view extra fanart slides per 5 seconds in RCB, like movie view modes?

Where I put the extra fanart Image files?
This feature is not implemented yet. You can only have 1 image per artwork type.
thanks answer malte.Big Grin
(2015-02-26, 08:13)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
geopgin Wrote:I'm preparing my content for a FireTV so I'm trying to get my content together and as clean as possible. I'm currently using win7, and plan on using a usb hd for all my content. Would it be a better idea to config rcb as below for the best results?

1. Config RCB with a a single rom in each collection (emu_auto / retroarch)
2. Update the DB.file table with updated file paths
3. Stop Kodi
4. Copy the DB from win7 to rcb user data
5. Copy content including NFO's to USB
6. Start Kodi

Can you foresee any issues with that?

Also if anyone has has any advice for configuring firetv with rcb/retroarch or migrating content to firetv i'd more than happy to hear it. Anyone using path substitution config'd to usb for thumbnails on firetv? I'd like to know if it works as expected and what performance is like.
This could work. But you have to make sure that the path to your roms (and artwork) is exactly the same on FireTV and on your Win PC. You could also just copy/paste your config.xml. You just need to replace the emulatorCmd and -params. Everything else should work.

Awesome, I'll give that a go and play around when it when the firetv finally gets here.

geopgin Wrote:First when you import (online/default) a collection (psx) that have multiple disc (bin/cue) . All games are imported but the the "disk indicator" needs to be changed to identify properly the games with multiple discs. when I change it to /(disc/s/d/) and then re-import its does'nt identify the games. I have re-imported(dif setting),rescraped, cleaned db, restarted nothing seems to picked what wasn't already picked up on the original scan. This isn't a huge deal cause there are several workarounds first you can create collections with single game, then modify the "disk indicator" and reimport or i think modifying the config.py to the appropriate regex for the disk indicator (haven't tested this though).
Yes, the design is not nice. I did not want to overload the basic setup with special stuff like disc indicators and things like this. Maybe I could add an option to switch to full settings dialog before importing games. Btw you don't need to import a single game to create your configuration. Just add your config and select "Cancel" in Import dialog. This will add your config and you can make changes before importing.

good to know

geopgin Wrote:Next I ended zipping all the roms...which works but when i use disk indicator with regex "\(disc\s\d\)*\.cue" (no qoutes). It picks up all the files in the zip and prompts with a menu showing all the bins and cues. I tried moving all the roms out of the folder then cleaning the DB and restarting, collection still there. I still haven't figured a workaround for this...maybe my regex is just shitty, i don't know.
Maybe you misunderstand this feature. If you have .bin and .cue files for one game you will only need one of them imported into RCBs database (e.g. file mask = *.bin). This one will be used to launch the game. The other one just needs to be placed next to the first one and is only required by the emulator (afaik). The disc indicator is used for games that have more than one playable disc (disc_1.bin, disc_2.bin).

little more detail around my setup and experience. My games, whether they have 1 or more discs are zipped up. see example.

Code:
game1.zip
  game1.bin
  game1.cue

game2.zip
  game2(disc 1).bin
  game2(disc 1).cue
  game2(disc 2).bin
  game2(disc 2).cue

game3.zip
  game3(disc 1)(track 1).bin
  game3(disc 1)(track 2).bin
  game3(disc 1).cue
  game3(disc 2)(track 1).bin
  game3(disc 2)(track 2).bin
  game3(disc 2).cue

if i put the file mask to *.cue, it doesn't pick up the games so i have to put the file mask to to *.zip. I guess what the disk indicator feature doesn't do is parse whats in the zip and just the zip itself? I'll probably just unzip all, it leaves the dir a bit ugly but space is cheap.

geopgin Wrote:Finally the piece that I can't get past right now. Is I can't delete the collection. Both "Rom Collection" and "Removal Options" are blank
Damn, another kodi compatibility issue. I will fix it with next release. As a workaround you could use a gotham build to fix it or you have to change it manually in "script-RCB-removeRC.xml". Change all occurances of "<posx>570</posx>" to "<posx>220</posx>". Maybe you need another number, I did not test it yet.

This isn't a pemanent box so i'm probably just going to yank roms from directory and clean db then yank that element out of the xml

Thanks