Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bundyka Wrote:I hope someone can help because im really missing RCB.... I keep getting this error for ages now, searched google for days for solution, nothing:
"No module named GUI"

20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: setting launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = True
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: Unhandled exception occured during execution of RCB:
20:59:58 T:760 NOTICE: No module named gui

I hope someone can help.
I need some more info. What version of XBMC/Kodi and RCB? Did it work before? What did you change?
[/quote]

I tried with Kodi and XBMC 13.0, it worked before (not working since 13.1 i think) dunno what can be the problem, RCB not even starting, i downloaded it from the original xbmc repo, its 2.1.0.
And by the way my youtube plugin not working either.
Can someone please help. I have kodi installed on my fire TV and have some NES roms in there and installed RCB 2.1.1 after i choose the platform it doesn't give me an option to select the emulator path. After i choose platform it goes to Auto Config Emulators. I have gone this way and all the games load but when i click to play one nothing happens. Everywear i look it says that after the platform part it tells you to find the emulator path. What gives?. Kinda new at this.
Hi, I have one request. Can you make and option to disable Filter and View Option when browsing games?
My kids often press left / right on gamepads and then they turn on filter or change view and stuck at blank screen Smile

Also, when I switch to Desktop for a longer time and go back to Kodi/RCB my screen looks like this:

http://www.weboteka.net/kodi/rcb_blank.jpg
@ zbuzanic
- you should be able to change the skin inside rcb, the rcb skin night might be what your looking for, for now.
-as for the display blankness I get the same thing sometimes, try a, leaving the display on a smaller list (new in last release), or by changing the filter, also attempting to browse the blank page caused it to 'wake up' for me..

Have fun
Hi all,

Slightly confused about games with multiple images. For example Final Fantasy VII_Disc1.iso, I go to import the games into my collection with the Disk indicator set to "_Disc.*" Game imports fine, however when i go to start it with retroarch it doesn't give me the option to select which disk to start and starts with disc 1, what am i doing wrong here?
I am on Kodi 14.1, using Rom Collection Browser on an Android TV box. I downloaded the playstation emulator from the App Store and the bios. I was able to open it and play games on it. When I tried to add it to RCB, I can choose it from the list, but immediately get an error (nonetype' object is not iterable). Has anyone had this issue?
I'm interested in this addon, but the link to "stable version" 2.0.17 is broken. Could the addon keepers fix it?
(2015-02-28, 01:22)ldavet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in this addon, but the link to "stable version" 2.0.17 is broken. Could the addon keepers fix it?

This is probably what you want to be at
(2015-02-27, 13:57)ZincBell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Slightly confused about games with multiple images. For example Final Fantasy VII_Disc1.iso, I go to import the games into my collection with the Disk indicator set to "_Disc.*" Game imports fine, however when i go to start it with retroarch it doesn't give me the option to select which disk to start and starts with disc 1, what am i doing wrong here?

you could try this Disc/d/.iso if they all follow that naming convention. Also if its already imported you'll need to delete it and then re-import it.
(2015-02-26, 08:13)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
nalias Wrote:Thats right, when there is various versions of things, then they are a folder inside
Does it work for you when you have your files on top level of the zip?

How did you get these zips? Are you creating them manually or is there a tool that does it this way? Ofc, I could change the code and walk into the zip file. But this would also require to modify the rom selection dialog because you will need to represent the folder structure of the zip in the dialog. I guess this is too much work atm.

The zips are setup so that you could extract all of them to a single folder, and the multiple versions, if there were any would end up in thier own game folders, for example:

Game1.zip
..\Game1Folder\Game1_pal.smc
..\Game1Folder\Game1_NTSC.smc

this way if you were to extract the zip you would get just the folder Game1Folder, and the two versions would be inside it, rather then duplicated in the master roms dir. And yes it does work when there is only one file in the zip and not a folder. also with this way you/I can batch extract all zips' without any special instructions to create folders, and ones that do not have folders in them extract without them, as we don't need those ones to be in a separate folder.

Please note, the interface/dialog works great, takes me all the way through selecting what file inside the zip you want to launch just fails to launch as per the log files you have seen before.
New test version available: 2.1.2

List of changes:

General
  • kodi compatibility: fix label positions in remove rom collection dialog
  • kodi compatibility: fix label positions in edit offline scraper dialog
  • label positioning backward compatible to gotham

Two more dialogs with label positioning issues in kodi. I also made the positioning fixes backward compatible. Everything should work in Kodi and XBMC now.

Previous version: 2.1.1
I can confirm that 2.1.2 fixed my issue with deleting collections
(2015-02-28, 01:29)geopgin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 01:22)ldavet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in this addon, but the link to "stable version" 2.0.17 is broken. Could the addon keepers fix it?

This is probably what you want to be at

Thanks, I usually go for the stable versions instead of the more recent betas, which is probably a mistake since the latest versions are probably better.
hi,
the button "Save config" is disable..( 2.1.2) (Gotham 13.2)

Thanks
Greetings all.. update on the zip opening problem..

I wrote the following script to take the existing zip file, extract it to a folder, then save that resulting folder as a zip file with out the container folder inside it:

for /R "D:\EMU\SNES\SNESROMS" %%I in ("*.zip") do ("C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e -y -o"%%~dpnI" "%%I")
for /d %%I in (*) do cd D:\EMU\SNES\ZIP\%%I && "c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -tzip D:\EMU\SNES\ZIP\"%%I".zip *.smc

EDIT/Update:

Sucess! I now have zip files with the rom files in the 'root' ..

I got the following error when launching now:

19:23:42 T:20804 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('wb') or filename", 'V:\\Kodi\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.games.rom.collection.browser\\tmp\\extracted\\Alcahest/')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "V:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 404, in onClick
self.launchEmu()
File "V:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.py", line 753, in launchEmu
launcher.launchEmu(self.gdb, self, gameId, self.config, self.Settings, selectedGame)
File "V:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 41, in launchEmu
cmd, precmd, postcmd, roms = buildCmd(filenameRows, romCollection, gameRow, escapeCmd, False)
File "V:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 204, in buildCmd
roms = handleCompressedFile(filext, rom, romCollection, emuParams)
File "V:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.py", line 385, in handleCompressedFile
fo = open(str(newPath), 'wb')
IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('wb') or filename", 'V:\\Kodi\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.games.rom.collection.browser\\tmp\\extracted\\Alcahest/')
-->End of Python script error report<--