Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does support mame online scraping?
(2017-02-14, 02:03)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]Does support mame online scraping?

No.

Typically, most MAME collections run into at least a few hundred romsets, and we want to try and avoid sending a significant number of requests to the sites we are scraping against.

There is an offline scraper configuration available, and there's a bug with a corresponding code fix at https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...issues/249
How can i stop the video mp4 autoplay ? It wont letme
Thanks everyone, with trial and error i got it to work just great!!
What are the best skins for this addon on kodi 17?
I need some advice, i have all the mame artwork nessesary including the videos, what skin and in what order i have to asign the artwork , snaps, vids ?any settings ihave to set in particular, im using aeon mq5 jrypton but the arraighnment does not look very good, pics overlap etc, thanks in advance
(2017-02-18, 00:14)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]What are the best skins for this addon on kodi 17?
For me Aeon MQ6 look nice. But you need to delete some Files of skin submenus. They dont show some options properly
Rom collection broswer stringa Mame 4 droid (0.139u1) su Android stick

Inviato dal mio SM-T555 utilizzando Tapatalk
Is there a way to specify which media type (ex: box front, box back) displays when browsing the games? As far as I can tell, its hardcoded to always show box front as the background image and the thumb image and screenshot as the info image. Or you can do four small for the info image.

I'd like to be able to do screenshot for the background and then use cartridge for the info image, but I've not been able to find a way to do this.
That was perfect, thank you! I've got two more questions, both related to storing the data on a smb folder.
1) I can only get games with a single file to work. For Sega Saturn, the common format is bin/cue, and no matter which format I use, I can't get the game to work properly. Is there a way to get RCB to bring over both of the appropriate files? I've gotten around it by storing any systems which require more than one file on a USB drive, but I'd like to get them working on smb with everything else.
2) Is there a way to alter the folder RCB uses for storing games locally (even if it requires changing code and reinstalling)? I'm using a FireTV to run the emulation, and its memory is limited. PS1 and PSP games can be quite large, so the FireTV often runs out of space if it tries to store a game for both of them without me manually deleting one. Thus far I've tried doing a path substitution in my advancedsettings file, but that doesn't seem to work.
Hi. Does rom collection browser support samba?

I have roms in ubuntu server and they are shared via samba. If I set e.g <romPath>smb://SERVERI/game/Sega//*.bin </romPath> in config.xml, emulator is launched just fine but roms not.

If I manually open rom without kodi, emulator shows unc path format i.e \\serveri\game\Sega\Street of Rage\Street of Rage.bin. I guess emulator wants unc format instead of smb format (?).

I edited config.xml to <romPath>\\SERVER\game\Sega\\*.bin </romPath> but then rom collection browser fails to import any games to MyGames.db. I tried also smb:\\SERVER\game\Sega\\*.bin and \\SERVER\game\Sega\\*.bin.

Edit. I'll send debug log later today
Weirdinin: Yes, it does support samba. I'm storing my roms on a Windows PC and using samba to play them in Retroarch emulators on a Fire TV (android) via RCB. Retroarch doesn't support samba, so I use RCB to browse the roms and store them locally on the FireTV so Retroarch can access them. Perhaps storing it locally will solve your issue?
(2017-03-13, 20:27)aleins4u Wrote: [ -> ]Weirdinin: Yes, it does support samba. I'm storing my roms on a Windows PC and using samba to play them in Retroarch emulators on a Fire TV (android) via RCB. Retroarch doesn't support samba, so I use RCB to browse the roms and store them locally on the FireTV so Retroarch can access them. Perhaps storing it locally will solve your issue?

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.

Storing roms locally does work but I'd like to store them in my server since then roms are available for all clients 24/7.. not just only when this particular client is powered on.

Earlier I solved this issue by mapping a local network drive that had a path for games in server and that path was used in config.xml. But I found that too unstable. The network drive was dropped time to time and as I was the only one able to fix it, it caused some inconvenience among other users.

I hope that samba paths could be used with rom collection browser some day.
You can still store them on the server, the option to store them locally just downloads the game to the client from the server at the time you select it. If you select a different game on the same system, it deletes the previously locally stored game.