Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scrapers seems to not working like before (even the local nfo scraper)...
maloep update the romcollection browser at github.
I try to write him on github but i dont find any contact.

I want to say him that in his version the trailer/ short video preview for the roms does not work.
In the old version it is possible to setup the pfad for the movies.

I hope, he read this. Smile

https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser
Hi there,
I got a big problem with RCB after adding dreamcast, Game Gear and Mame collactions. I get this error when I try to launch RCB :

Unhandled exception occured during execution of RCB
No element found: line 432, column 22

I tried to completly uninstall RCB and reinstall it, but the error still here.

Please help !!!
I try to restore a working Kodi backup, but now I get this error when I launch RCB :

Unhandled exception occurred during execution of RCB:
XML file for Windows is missing

Please help, I don't want to do a complete Kodi reinstallation.
I reinstall it again. And the first error is back.
Problem solved by restore old backup before restore recent backup. I still can't import informations by editing local nfo.
(2017-12-19, 20:38)Slipass Wrote: [ -> ]maloep update the romcollection browser at github.
I try to write him on github but i dont find any contact.

I want to say him that in his version the trailer/ short video preview for the roms does not work.
In the old version it is possible to setup the pfad for the movies.

I hope, he read this. Smile

https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser
Yes, I read it and I will look into it. Atm I am trying to get RCB to work with Kodi 18 at all. Then we will look into RetroPlayer and video support and maybe update some scrapers. There will be a new release but it will need some time to be finished.

Regards
Malte
New test version available: 2.1.4

List of changes:

General
  • lots of refactoring (remove unused code, performance, readability, ...)  
  • minor bug fixes
  • add compatibility to Kodi Leia
  • break compatibility to Kodi versions < Krypton
  • exit script when home button is pressed
UI
  • slight adjustments to Estuary UI controls
Import Games
  • fix some scraper errors
  • remove archive.vg and maws.mameworld scraper
Browse Games
  • sort consoles alphabetically in filter control
Launch Games
  • RetroPlayer compatibility

Previous version: 2.1.3

New year, new release Smile

Bruny had been quite active over the last year and did lots of refactoring trying to prepare the code base for adding new features. Right now this is still a bugfix release and trying to keep up to date with current kodi releases.

This version should be compatible with latest changes in Kodi Leia and RetroPlayer. Unfortunately these changes will break compatibility to Kodi versions below Krypton. (You might still be able to use the addon but it will look a bit off. Videos will play back constantly and all games are shown with the favorite star for example.)

If you want to test RCB with RetroPlayer (or standalone RetroPlayer) you can install one of the latest Leia nightlies or one of garbears RetroPlayer builds (recommended). The RetroPlayer code between these two versions should be similar but in official nightlies the Game feature is disabled by default. You can enable it by entering the Konami code anywhere in the UI. In garbears build Games are enabled by default and it already comes bundled with all libretro cores and controller addons that you will need to play games. (In official nightlies you have to install them manually.)

For a brief description how to enable RetroPlayer support in RCB, see this thread in the RetroPlayer sub forum.
(2018-01-07, 14:59)malte Wrote: [ -> ]New test version available: 2.1.4
 Hi @malte. Thanks for new version!

Do you think you could add a log file that log on the latest line, the running rom and system? And when returning to rcb from a game, should show nothing on the latest line  or just empty log.

Im using LCDSMARTIE and when using hyperspin, it shows the last running rom.

They did this using a plugin that only make this:

Quote:Info
This LCD Smartie Plugin reads hyperspin log file line by line and displays last quoted text. 

General usage 
$dll(hyperspin,1,path_to_log_file,filter_quotes_option)     

Functions
---------
One fucntion available

Function 1
Returns last quoted text

Requires 
path to log file as first parameter 
yes or no as second parameter in order to filter or not the quotes.

Examples
--------

$dll(hyperspin,1,C:\program files\hyperspin\events.log,yes)  
$dll(hyperspin,1,C:\program files\hyperspin\events.log,no) 

WARNING: REPLACE THE PATH TO LOG FILE WITH THE CORRECT ONE!

It just read the last log line of hyperspin and show that (hyperspin show running rom at latest log line.

So, if you can add a log file doing this, I can point to rcb log file instead of hyperspin, and will show running rom on ldcsmartie screen.

Plugin for lcdsmartie is available here http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3561 in case you want to try, but I could betatest.

Thanks!
Just recently set up RCB.

I can't seem to get the Snes9x emulator working on my laptop - hence it won't work in Kodi. (Works fine on my desktop)
When I try to load Snes9x I get this error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_38.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. "

Any idea how to fix this?

Also, I notice that RCB displays game screenshots as opposed to game box cover art. I'd much prefer to use the game box art. Is there a way to switch this in RCB?

Thanks!
trihy Wrote:Do you think you could add a log file that log on the latest line, the running rom and system? And when returning to rcb from a game, should show nothing on the latest line  or just empty log.

Hmmm. I don't think we will add this as a feature in the main line. But I could show you where to put some lines of code that will do this. Just let me know if you are interested and I will try it out.

Fennec Wrote:I can't seem to get the Snes9x emulator working on my laptop - hence it won't work in Kodi. (Works fine on my desktop)
When I try to load Snes9x I get this error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_38.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. "
Do you have DirectX 9 installed on your laptop? Looks like this is missing.

Fennec Wrote:Also, I notice that RCB displays game screenshots as opposed to game box cover art. I'd much prefer to use the game box art. Is there a way to switch this in RCB?
You should be able to change this in config.xml. Look here.
(2018-01-18, 16:13)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
trihy Wrote:Do you think you could add a log file that log on the latest line, the running rom and system? And when returning to rcb from a game, should show nothing on the latest line  or just empty log.

Hmmm. I don't think we will add this as a feature in the main line. But I could show you where to put some lines of code that will do this. Just let me know if you are interested and I will try it out.      
 Hi, I dont know how to add code or compile code, but if it´s simple for a non coder, I will try! Or if you send me some testing files for PM, I will try too.

I think it will be better to show the name of the scraped rom instead of the filename, but any will do the work. Also the console/platform name could be get from the xml file.

Will be nice to look something like this ie:

SNES - Street Fighter II

Or just

Street Fighter II

When the game close and we are back on RBC UI, txt file could show something like "RCB Collection" Or something like that. Preferably "Emuladores" since my language is spanish. Or it could show the actual browsing category (snes, xbox, etc) That will be more than amazing.

Thanks!
Ok, it is more than one line but it should be possible for a non-coder. The source file to edit is "launcher.py". On Windows you will find it here: "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git\resources\lib". On other systems you just have to replace the part "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\" with the system specific location.

The code to edit should be around line 95.

Old code:
Code:
    try:
        __launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection, gameRow, settings, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):

New code:
Code:
    try:
        pathname = util.getAddonDataPath()
        filename = os.path.join(pathname, 'rcb_lcdsmartie.log')
        fh = open(filename, 'w')
        fh.write('%s - %s' %(romCollection.name, gameRow[util.ROW_NAME]))
        fh.close()

__launchNonXbox(cmd, romCollection, gameRow, settings, precmd, postcmd, roms, gui, listitem)

fh = open(filename, 'w')
        fh.write('Rom Collection Browser - Emuladores')
        fh.close()

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):

Just replace the old code with the new code. Only thing to be aware of is the formatting of the code. Python is a bit picky about whitespaces and indentation. Make sure that the new code has the same indentation as the old code.

EDIT: I forgot to add: you will find the log file at "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git". Oh, and please post a foto of your LCD if everything is workingSmile
(2018-01-19, 09:27)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, it is more than one line but it should be possible for a non-coder. The source file to edit is "launcher.py". On Windows you will find it here: "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git\resources\lib". On other systems you just have to replace the part "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\" with the system specific location.

The code to edit should be around line 95.

Old code:
Code:
    try:

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):

New code:
Code:
    try:
        pathname = util.getAddonDataPath()
        fh = open(filename, 'w')
        fh.write('%s - %s' %(romCollection.name, gameRow[util.ROW_NAME]))
        fh.close()

fh = open(filename, 'w')
        fh.write('Rom Collection Browser - Emuladores')
        fh.close()

gui.writeMsg("")

except Exception, (exc):

Just replace the old code with the new code. Only thing to be aware of is the formatting of the code. Python is a bit picky about whitespaces and indentation. Make sure that the new code has the same indentation as the old code.

EDIT: I forgot to add: you will find the log file at "C:\Users\<you username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser.git". Oh, and please post a foto of your LCD if everything is workingSmile       
Thanks! Doesnt seem difficult. Will try asap, but need to finish some mods to lcd .dll file to proper display this.

I ll report back!

Thanks again, love rcb Big Grin

BTW, it´s ok to change:

for:

filename = os.path.join(pathname, 'rcb_lcdsmartie.txt')

?

Also, do you know if can be possible to write emulator name on first .txt line and game on a second line?

Something like:

SNES
Street Fighter II

Instead of SNES Street Fighter II

Since the 2x16 LCD has limited space, this will avoid a little the need for constant scrolling and could use the second line/row of the lcd.
I just tried the code, but I get this when launching rcb

I used wordpad for editing. And opened the file again and looks exactly like you described.

Then I tried from scratch with notepad++ and got this