Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looks amazing, now if I can get more than just my covers to show up, I only have 3 views to pick from as well.

mcborzu can you post your config file so I can have a look at the code in there?

-=jason=-
mcborzu Wrote:Nearly done:

Lookin gooooooooooooood.
Flomaster Wrote:looks amazing, now if I can get more than just my covers to show up, I only have 3 views to pick from as well.

mcborzu can you post your config file so I can have a look at the code in there?

-=jason=-

Just git pushed what I got done so far. Still not done, but close...
Not sure if you're planning it already, but I think a list/info view similar to one of your episode and tv show views in Night might be a nice practical view for roms since there can be an insane number of items and also some essentials (like # of players) would be nice to have always displayed. I might be alone - just a suggestion.

Along the lines of:

Just thought I'd post some useful info on getting a command line ver of MAME running using the mame.ini for config with RCB on WinXP.
When using a CL ver of MAME RCB saves all the config files to the root XBMC directory for some reason instead of the MAME install root directory.
So if you copy your mame.ini and hiscore.dat and create a folder called "hi" in the XBMC root directory, RCB will read/load the ini config and hi scores.
So you can set up the emulator through the mame.ini file instead of adding args as long as your arm Smile Also the hi score data is a must for a arcade emu..
Hope that helps some of you arcade emu fans Wink
That's weird... so on windows xbmc is running things with its directory set as path?
That doesn't seem to occur on linux all of my emus use their proper configurations stored in home.
That's what I was expecting it to do, it took me a while to figure what was going on there Huh
The Launcher addon works as it should and reads/saves to the emu directory..
Maybe a windows only bug from what you say.
Got it going anyway after a lot of head scratching Big Grin
Really strange. Nothing special that the script does with the config files.

@All:
The first 0.7 test version is available. Only one change: It supports xml description files now. It works the same as flatfile descriptions: you have to add the path to the desc file (as descFilePath) and you need a parser config that tells RCB how to parse the file (descriptionParserFile).

Format of the parserConfig is simple: It uses elementtree XPath support with additional attributes. This is just a small subset of XPath but as most game descs that I have seen until now are very simple, I think this will be enough to handle most of them.

A simple example that handles mame.dat xml looks like this:
Code:
<parserConfig>
    <GameGrammar type="xml" root="game">
        <crc>rom/@crc</crc>
        <Game>./@name</Game>
        <ReleaseYear>year</ReleaseYear>
        <Developer>manufacturer</Developer>
        <Description>description</Description>
    </GameGrammar>
</parserConfig>

You can get the new version here. This is still a bit experimental, so don't expect it to work perfect. Smile. Next step will be to grab the files from online sources.
Well its doing something special on my WinXP system Big Grin
Like I said the Launcher add-on works ok.
Have you tested CL MAME on a XP system?
Has anyone got an easier guide to using this on Dharma Live Beta 1 ?

I've installed the plugin, added the config.xml and imported, used the setup test scenario and whatever i do the plugin refuses to launch any snes games

I added zsnes by doing a

sudo apt-get zsnes

i've also made sure that applaunch.sh is executable

Heres my current, basic, snes config.xml that imports fine but refuses to launch znes.

Code:
<config>
        <Consoles>
                <Console>
                        <name>Super Nintendo</name>
                </Console>
        </Consoles>    
        <RomCollections>
                <RomCollection>
                        <name>Super Nintendo</name>
                        <consoleName>Super Nintendo</consoleName>
                        <emulatorCmd>zsnes -m "%ROM%"</emulatorCmd>
               <useEmuSolo>True</useEmuSolo>
                        <romPath>home/xbmc/Testdata 0.6.x/Collection V3/Roms/*.sfc</romPath>
                </RomCollection>
        </RomCollections>
</config>

I wonder if there is a windows manager on dharma beta live as i can't invoke zsnes from commandline either, even without xbmc running.
If zsnes won't run you need to figure out what the problem is before trying to use it from xbmc or the script.
You'll need to open up a terminal and run it form there.

I assume live still runs ontop of ubuntu, if you need to install a light weight window manager there are plenty to choose from.
RCB was working fine with my live set-up in beta1

have a look at this thread and try different arg in your config file
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73428

-=Jason=-
hikaricore Wrote:If zsnes won't run you need to figure out what the problem is before trying to use it from xbmc or the script.
You'll need to open up a terminal and run it form there.

I assume live still runs ontop of ubuntu, if you need to install a light weight window manager there are plenty to choose from.

I tried zsnes through commandline and it refuses to run on the xbmclive beta distro so all i can assume is the lack of a proper windows manager. Not sure how to proceed to get that running so will leave it for now. Ironically zsnes worked fine on 9.11.
Im pretty sure fluxbox is installed on xbmc-live. You could create a script to start fluxbox and zsnes. Something like

Quote:#!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
zsnes
killall -9 fluxbox

Save it as zsnes.sh

sudo chmod +x zsnes.sh

Then point the executer addon to it.

cheers
danz0l Wrote:Has anyone got an easier guide to using this on Dharma Live Beta 1 ?

You made the same mistake as I did (should be some post before yours) - solo mode must be FALSE in XBMC Live. For me it works really great except the issue with the missing list entries and the crashes caused by the used skin (Alaska).