Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gotham2014 Wrote:All my description are inside the nfo files. Anyway to import it a different way so that data is saved into the RCB database? Can I rename game.xml to %GAME%.nfo?
e.g. in following line of code:
Indeed, you can try this. But you also have to change the path to the parseInstruction file. It is located at "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\scraper\00 - local nfo.xml"

So, complete line should look like this:
Code:
<Site descFilePerGame="True" name="Nintendo 64" searchGameByCRC="False" useFilenameAsCRC="False" useFoldernameAsCRC="False">
<Scraper encoding="iso-8859-1" parseInstruction="C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\scraper\00 - local nfo.xml" returnUrl="False" source="\\xxx\media\GAMES\N64\%GAME%\%GAME%.nfo" />
</Site>
And don't forget to make a backup of your nfo files.

gotham2014 Wrote:I also have spend hours trying different configs to get the PS game to launch. Without any luck. Maybe you can see something?
Have you tried other games with the same emulator or the same game with other emulators?
What happens when you copy/paste this line to a cmd window:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe" -nogui -loadbin "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\tmp\PlayStation\The X-Files.cue"
Thanks will try the nfo changes.

When I try to load the string (I had to add -bios <path> as well):
Code:
"C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe" -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\bios\SCPH1001.BIN" -nogui -loadbin "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\tmp\PlayStation\The X-Files.cue"

I get the black screen and the following log:
Code:
 * Running ePSXe emulator version 2.0.2.
 * Memory handlers init.
 * ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\bios\SCPH1001.BIN].
 * Loading Single CUE File ok
 * Loading ISO Format  (ECM File) (2352)  (NO ECM File) ok
 * First/Last track: 1 1
 * Track 1: (DATA)  - Start 1: (00,02,00) -  Length 954437:08
 * NTSC cdrom detected. (SLU__000.00)
 * Doing init gpu[0]...
 * GPU supports GTE Accurate
 * Gpu open[0]...
 * Direct input init ok.
 * Init core spu ...  ok
 * Warning: The memcard [memcards\epsxe000.mcr] has NOT been saved to disk
 * Warning: The memcard [memcards\epsxe001.mcr] has NOT been saved to disk

When I load the following string:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe" -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\bios\SCPH1001.BIN" -nogui -loadbin "\\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\The X-Files\The X-Files.cue"

It works. So it looks like it cant find the bin in the temp directory.

So I decided to add the bin file in the temp folder manually and this fixed the problem. So its looking for the bin file in the temp, but of course, the bin is located on the NAS drive together with the cue file.

Next I did was to change the cue file to map the full path to the bin file:
Code:
FILE “\\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\The X-Files\The X-Files.bin” BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

and disable, make local copy.

I get an error in emulator saying: "* Error loading cuefile: [smb://xxx/media/GAMES/PS/The X-Files/The X-Files.cue]"

So my thoughts: the emulator doesn't know what to do with smb://.

So I tried the same url in cmd:
Code:
""C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe" -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\bios\SCPH1001.BIN" -nogui -loadbin "smb://xxx/media/GAMES/PS/The X-Files/The X-Files.cue""

And same error in emulator saying: "* Error loading cuefile: [smb://xxx/media/GAMES/PS/The X-Files/The X-Files.cue]"

So I guess we have narrowed down what the problem is. But not sure how to implement the right changes in RCB to fix it. What do I change?
Ah, ok. Did not think about this. You will need to change your rom path from "smb://xxx" to "\\xxx" and disable "Make local copy" in this case.

Try to run this command first and see if it works:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe" -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\bios\SCPH1001.BIN" -nogui -loadbin "\\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\The X-Files\The X-Files.cue"
Yes, this worked.

I did try changing these paths before without luck, maybe I missed something. Can you tell me which locations in the config need to be changed, and I will try it again. :-)
You need to change only the "romPath" of your Playstation RomCollection. But you will need to delete and reimport this Rom Collection as RCB has stored the complete paths to the rom files in its database.
So I would change this:
Code:

<romPath>smb://xxx/media/GAMES/PS//*.cue</romPath>

To this?:
Code:

<romPath>\\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\\*.cue</romPath>

I tried this, but for some reason RCB wont read the folder when its in this format. See log:

Code:
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: current Rom Collection: PlayStation
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: ignoreOnScan: False
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: update is allowed for current rom collection: True
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: max folder depth: 99
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: Rom path: ['\\\\xxx\\media\\GAMES\\PS\\\\*.cue']
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: \\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\\*.cue
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: Running walkdown on: \\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\\*.cue
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: Begin getFilesByWildcard. pathName = \\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\\*.cue
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: dirname: \\xxx\media\GAMES\PS
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: filemask: *.cue
17:32:40.851 T:6728   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting \\xxx\media\GAMES\PS
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: xbmcvfs dirs:
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: xbmcvfs files:
17:32:40.851 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: files after walkDown =
17:32:40.852 T:6728   DEBUG: RCB_INFO: Files read:
Not sure if this is the error but you should remove the second \ at the end of the path. So it looks like this:
<romPath>\\xxx\media\GAMES\PS\*.cue</romPath>
This is something added by RCB, It shows up also in all the other rom collections. I thought it was double as the "game" name was not put in between and RBC does something with the space in between.

If I remove it, than it would be looking for the game.cue in the main PS directory, which holds the game folders which have the games but not the game.cue files. Correct?
Thanks @malte. I also tried to rename <title> inside .nfo file and works pretty good.

But I found a bug that could be affecting other platforms. If game name has this synbol ' it wont show on game list and will be ignored when scraped.

I tried jojo's and game wont show on list no matter how many times i pass the scraper with local, online, offline, etc.

As soon as i change tittle inside nfo to jojos without the ', game was correctly scraped.

Im using 2.1.5 rcb
gotham2014 Wrote:This is something added by RCB, It shows up also in all the other rom collections.
RCB adds additional \ when it is logging the name. But I guess in the romPath name there is one \ too much at the end. But I think this does not matter. Maybe the code has an issue with the \\xxx notation. One more thing to try: Create a network drive and use this instead (like Z:\games). This should work for sure.
trihy Wrote:But I found a bug that could be affecting other platforms. If game name has this synbol ' it wont show on game list and will be ignored when scraped. 
You could try to use &apos; to escape the '. I have to check why RCB does not do this automatically when creating the nfo files.
Thanks!! That worked. ;-)

Is this something you could also fix in the following update? :-)

Have a nice evening
@malte

In the wiki (https://code.google.com/archive/p/romcol...Games.wiki) you have as an example for disk indicator Mygame 2_Disk2.adf

But in the RCB config it is written as "_Disk.*" Which I would read as "The-X-Files_Disk.1.cue" instead of the wiki as "The-X-Files_Disk1.cue"

Would I need to rename the following game structure as followed to have it work correctly with RCB, or different?

The X-Files > The-X-Files_Disk.1.cue
The X-Files > The-X-Files_Disk.1.bin
The X-Files > The-X-Files_Disk.2.bin
The X-Files > The-X-Files_Disk.3.bin
The X-Files > The-X-Files_Disk.4.bin
You don't have to rename your files, just rename the disk indicator. 

If you have "_Disk2.bin" as current naming scheme then use "_Disk*." as disk indicator (not tested but I hope this should work).

Btw: you are referencing the old wiki. Better use the current wiki at github: https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/wiki
Where did you get the link to the old wiki? Did you google it yourself or do I provide an old link somewhere?
Ah ok, I already changed them so will leave at _DISK.*.cue

1st https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rom_Collection_Browser
2nd clicked website link on right menu
3rd clicked wikis in left menu
4th clicked editromcollectionimportgames.wiki link