Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried offline scrapers for sega model 2. But cant get it to work. After scraping using offline, nothing changes, the list still show filenames.

Add the offline scraper sega model 2.xml

Selected import games, select game database info as scraper.

Tried with preffer local nfo on and off.

Any recommendations?
(2018-04-16, 13:55)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Thanks. Missread the options. Maybe rescrape selction is not the best choice Big Grin probably rescrape collection fits better, or even better rescrape this collection.
Yes, maybe something like rescrape filtered games or rescrape game list.

Quote:malte, what do you think about game name editing? I mean, games that cant be found on database, gets also an nfo file.  Editing the name inside the nfo file, makes the name rcb display changes. RCB could let you manually edit that part of the nfo, for collections that doesnt have a know database.
I want to add a complete edit game dialog one day. But this will take some time as I have other features on my list for the next releases.
(2018-04-16, 16:45)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Tried offline scrapers for sega model 2. But cant get it to work. After scraping using offline, nothing changes, the list still show filenames.

Any recommendations?
This is a bug in rcb. Games with mame naming style are not handled correctly. RCB searches for the rom name in the description element, but for mame and other platforms with this naming style it has to look in the name element of the xml file.

Will fix it when I am back from vacation.
Thanks malte.

Next releases? Great! 

Hope people that left rcb comes back. Its good to read users feedback.
The addon converted my config and db from version 2.08. Everytime I open it it take a very long time (5 mins) to open any Rom list short or long. It freezes and shows a "Load pictures" status. I tried different lists from my db but always the same time to load after addon start. My scrapped pics and roms are on smb folders but loading fast on 2.08
What system are you running? And does it show the images when it loaded the list?

I have also stored my roms and artwork on smb and I can hardly read the caching images message on my two PCs. I have an old atom test system that takes some time to cache the images but far away from 5 mins.

On one of my systems I have the issue that rcb can't access my smb share when it is the first instance that tries it. As soon as I access the share in any other kodi dialog (like file manager), rcb can access it without problems. (I think I made some mistake when setting up this source but I did not yet investigate). When this happens, rcb also takes a very long time to cache the images. But it won't show any images when the list is loaded.

The caching is done per Rom collection. So it does not matter how many games are listed. It matters if you have selected a rom collection in your filter settings.

Atm rcb always caches all images for all selected rom collections. I think I will rework this that it only caches the artwork that is shown in the game list. This should be much faster.

In the meantime you could go back to 2.1.5. Rcb has made backups of your old config.xml and mygames.db. Just delete the new files and rename the old ones and you should be able to use 2.1.5.
I have an S905 Android 7 TV Box with Kodi 18 Alpha from 1 April and Aeon MQ6 skin. It shows after ~5 mins all images from smb and the whole list. I tried long and short lists by Rom Filter. It all takes a looooong time. For example its shows hundreds of roms from N64 after 5 mins and also at next start it shows 20 roms from Gamecube collection after 5 mins.
Ok, thanks. I ordered a S905 some days ago. I hope it arrives soon and I can make some tests with it.
(2018-04-22, 20:14)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks. I ordered a S905 some days ago. I hope it arrives soon and I can make some tests with it.
 Fine, if you need my db/userdata folder and/or artwork collection and smb path to simulate it, just write a message. I 'll prepare it for investigation and forward it to you

EDIT: Tried with an Snapdragon 835 device and it took 5mins too.
Edit. Nevermind.
Hi malte. Im having problems with multidisc

Most two disc works fine, this one doesnt.
\(Disc.*\)

Enemy Zero (Disc 1 of 4) (EUR)_disk1
Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2
Enemy Zero (Disc 3 of 4) (EUR)_disk3
Enemy Zero (Disc 4 of 4) (EUR)_disk4

disc1 works fine. When trying to launch disc2, disc wont be mounted and log shows:

22:19:05.243 T:3612   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "C:\SSF_012_beta_R3\SSF.bat" "D:\Saturn\Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk1.cue"

The correct cmd for disc 2 should be:

22:19:05.243 T:3612   DEBUG: RCB_INFO cmd: call "C:\SSF_012_beta_R3\SSF.bat" "D:\Saturn\Enemy Zero (Disc 2 of 4) (EUR)_disk2.cue"

Not sure why rcb do this. Same proble for disc 3 and 4. I guess it could be fixed by deleting the _disk2, 3 or 4 in the filename, but maybe it can be fixed on rcb code. I ave other games named like this on the same platform and they work fine. But they are only 2 disc sets.
Might be a problem because you have two disk numbers in your game names. But the launch command still looks strange. Can you show me a log file when this happens?
(2018-04-29, 16:13)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Might be a problem because you have two disk numbers in your game names. But the launch command still looks strange. Can you show me a log file when this happens?
 PM sent!
(2018-04-17, 08:35)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-16, 16:45)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Tried offline scrapers for sega model 2. But cant get it to work. After scraping using offline, nothing changes, the list still show filenames.

Any recommendations?
This is a bug in rcb. Games with mame naming style are not handled correctly. RCB searches for the rom name in the description element, but for mame and other platforms with this naming style it has to look in the name element of the xml file.

There are some changes about this?  Laugh

Thanks
(2018-05-01, 00:32)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]PM sent!
Thanks. I will look into it.

(2018-05-01, 02:24)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-17, 08:35)malte Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bug in rcb. Games with mame naming style are not handled correctly. RCB searches for the rom name in the description element, but for mame and other platforms with this naming style it has to look in the name element of the xml file.

There are some changes about this?  Laugh

Thanks   
Just came back two days ago Smile

Atm I am doing some maintenance stuff. Will look into this and the performance issues reported by ködi-zömbie in the next days.