Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I would look for the *.nfo files of the games which have no descriptions. Maybe they have empty *.nfo files and rcb doesn't overwrite them. And then I would look for the game names in the database which you use for scrapping. Maybe you have to rename the rom files.
Quote:Second ?:
Can I sort by game console?

You can use filters to display games of only one console. Or did you mean displaying all games at the same time + in a certain order?
Got games loaded by explicitly renaming... 
Bug? - you cannot name files with a colon (Smile but the scraper is searching for that exact item in the name
Bug? - Names with a dash (Example: S-Factor: Sonia and Silver) seem to give the scraper extra problems. 

========================
Got the right menu working for sorting by console 
It's kind of weird: 
I am using a Rii Mini R8 (keyboard, mouse etc)
Up gets me the left menu (Right get me out of it)
Down gets me the right menu (left gets me out of it)

========================
In Android on S912 box with 7.1.2 and Windows 10 
ALSO: Games and artwork are stored on NAS and they are accessed with smb://etc.ect...
If local, they work

New Error
If I try to launch a rom it will say:
Launching Game [game title] 
At the bottom of the screen. 
Nothing happens. 
Yes, I have waited... 

If I go to:
"Set Gameclient (per Game)"
I get an error: 

Title: "Rom Collection Browser 
Edit Game Command Error
Can't load selected Game" 
[entire error message]

OK (the only option) 

Yes, I have the emulator installed.  

Is there a way to get these roms working from the NAS?
Quote:Got games loaded by explicitly renaming... 
Bug? - you cannot name files with a colon ( but the scraper is searching for that exact item in the name

Since you cant write ":" in file names I replace it through "-" and this usually works for me.

Quote:Got the right menu working for sorting by console 
It's kind of weird: 
I am using a Rii Mini R8 (keyboard, mouse etc)
Up gets me the left menu (Right get me out of it)
Down gets me the right menu (left gets me out of it)

Actually its not weird but pretty clear. It depends what view you have. If you have a list view where games are sorted from top to bottom you switch between the games by pressing up or down. So you have right and left for menu and filters. If you use a horizontal view instead you need left and right for switching between games and have to press up or down to enter menu and filters.

Quote:If I try to launch a rom it will say:
Launching Game [game title] 
At the bottom of the screen. 
Nothing happens. 
Yes, I have waited...

Its pretty hard to say what is wrong if you dont even mention the console/game.
Probably your EmuCmd/EmuParams are wrong.
A logfile would be helpful.
Quick question for everyone with games that have multiple disks what would the proper naming convention so everything works as advertised? As of right now the disk identifier is set at its default setting.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
I tried to start a wii game via dolphin. Starting dolphin in a terminal works but trying to start it in rcb shows no reaction.

Code:
2019-03-05 19:10:01.523 T:139919557125888 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'> Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa0' in position 21: ordinal not in range(128) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 365, in onClick self.launchEmu() File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1017, in launchEmu launcher.launchEmu(self.gdb, self, gameId, self.config, selectedGame) File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher.py", line 47, in launchEmu cmd, precmd, postcmd, roms = self._buildCmd(gui, filenameRows, gameRow, False) File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/launcher.py", line 145, in _buildCmd match = re.search(self.romCollection.diskPrefix.lower(), str(gamename).lower()) UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa0' in position 21: ordinal not in range(128) -->End of Python script error report<--

Edit: nvm got it
(2019-03-13, 16:03)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question for everyone with games that have multiple disks what would the proper naming convention so everything works as advertised? As of right now the disk identifier is set at its default setting.
 I think the best one is use

GameName_disk1.iso

GameName_disk2.iso
About the multidisk thing: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2123806

I didn't even notice that RCB has this. Until now I always used m3u playlists or PBP files for PS1 multidisk games. Then I always had to start with disk 1 and needed to swap them in an emulator like Retroarch.

I like it better being able to choose the disk in RCB.

However there is an issue if it comes to savegames. Atleast in Retroarch.
If you launch each disk for itself instead of launching them as one game (as m3u or PBP file) it will create savegames for each disk and not one for the whole game.
So if I swap disks the emulator won't find the savegame of the previous disk untill you rename it.

Grandia for PS1 is a good example. At the end of disk 1 you have to create a savegame. Then you insert disk 2 and load the savegame of disk 1 to continue. However this doesn't work since the savegame files of both disks have different names. Instead of Grandia.srm they are named Grandia (Disc 1).srm and Grandia (Disc 2).srm
Dear knowledgeable community, 
I got this add-on to work finally, although only giantbomb.com scraper is working, the other scrapers only create empty nfo files.
any ideas why ?
thanks
Same here, only giantbomb works. Probably some url from scrapers changed. Hope @malte come back soon.
I just scrapped roms with thegamesdb and mobygames some hours ago. No issues.

However I cant scrape roms in my favourite skin aeon mq7. I always have to switch to estuary before. Maybe you guys also have this skin bug?
Otherwise you maybe have to check your rom names. For two games I also got empty nfo files yesterday. Obviously mobygames had them under different names because thegamesdb found them.
But remember that you always have to remove your old nfo file before you try to rescrape it. It doesnt overwrite existing files.

Although some weeks ago I also had an issue with one game: Rune Factory Frontier. It didnt scrape it correctly, it didnt even create a nfo file. I think there was an invisible special character in the name. Not sure though.

Furthermore I have an issue that rcb doesnt refresh my artworks. I already removed and recreated my gamesdb in rcb and also cleared my cache but it still shows old artworks.
Idk its weird..

Then after a week or so it suddenly displays the correct artworks and I have no clue why.
Perhaps this is a pretty elementary question but I'll ask anyway. 

I had RCB working pretty well on v17 and finally upgraded to v18 (v18.1 to be precise). 

Upon doing so, I can't seem to get RCB to work correctly. It seemed to retain the settings for where to look for the roms and launchers, but the browse screen is basically just blank even though the drop-down game filter menu has retained the console categories and the settings show paths to the data files. When I run the rescrape option it identifies the games to look for successfully, but nothing gets displayed afterwards. I can also (seemingly) successfully run the "Export game database" command (though I don't know where the files got exported to...).

This issue appears to be the case for any skin options I enable. In addition, I can't back out of the add-on without killing Kodi completely. 

I first tried uninstalling (but retained settings/configuration files) and reinstalling the add-on. No change. 

Is there something in particular that should take place with this add-on when updating Kodi and/or what kind of troubleshooting can I do to get this resolved?
(2019-03-24, 04:58)Adrian A Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this is a pretty elementary question but I'll ask anyway. 

I had RCB working pretty well on v17 and finally upgraded to v18 (v18.1 to be precise). 

Upon doing so, I can't seem to get RCB to work correctly. It seemed to retain the settings for where to look for the roms and launchers, but the browse screen is basically just blank even though the drop-down game filter menu has retained the console categories and the settings show paths to the data files. When I run the rescrape option it identifies the games to look for successfully, but nothing gets displayed afterwards. I can also (seemingly) successfully run the "Export game database" command (though I don't know where the files got exported to...).

This issue appears to be the case for any skin options I enable. In addition, I can't back out of the add-on without killing Kodi completely. 

I first tried uninstalling (but retained settings/configuration files) and reinstalling the add-on. No change. 

Is there something in particular that should take place with this add-on when updating Kodi and/or what kind of troubleshooting can I do to get this resolved?

Do you use the latest version of RCB (2.2.3) ?
(2019-03-24, 04:58)Adrian A Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this is a pretty elementary question but I'll ask anyway. 

I think i have the same issue , i installed RCB successfully several times in the past (windows platform). 
- online scrape seems to work (games are listed/recognized one by one during scrape)
- I see platform names on RCB search interface...but all lists are empty 

@Kupo91 my answer is NO. i installed RCB from default add-on repository so i see version RCB 2.1.3...could this be the issue ?
Platform: Nvidia Shield TV (android)
KODI 18.1 > default skin
RCB 2.1.3

Many thanks to all for your time!
Ciotta
(2019-03-24, 14:03)ciotta Wrote: [ -> ]

I think i have the same issue , i installed RCB successfully several times in the past (windows platform). 
- online scrape seems to work (games are listed/recognized one by one during scrape)
- I see platform names on RCB search interface...but all lists are empty 

@Kupo91 my answer is NO. i installed RCB from default add-on repository so i see version RCB 2.1.3...could this be the issue ?
Platform: Nvidia Shield TV (android)
KODI 18.1 > default skin
RCB 2.1.3

Many thanks to all for your time!
Ciotta   

I cant say for sure if this is the reason for your issue but its worth a try because I dont have those issues you guys are reporting about and I also use Kodi 18.1.
Version 2.2.3 is linked in the starter post or here.

The only issue that I have is being unable to change the view (Let me know if someone knows a fix for that).