Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im using kodi 19 alphas.

And rcb menu now is moslty empty, I have to navigate between invisible options, menu, etc. Only a couple of items are showing correctly.

Any ideas?
How to configure RCB to play Atari via retro arc (Android)?
(2019-07-04, 13:16)juniors.paulo Wrote: [ -> ]How to configure RCB to play Atari 2600 via retro arc (Android)?
I'm trying to add a SNES zipped romset, it is a "cleaned" set(e.g. removed bad, dupes and hacks) and iirc uses a No-Intro naming scheme (e.g. 2020 Super Baseball (USA).zip )
When importing my ROMS all the roms get added, but approx half of them get a empty/title only .NFO file and no artwork

In the case of above mentioned ROM i checked thegamesDB and found all needed information and artwork to complete the .NFO of that roms (2020 Super Baseball (USA) ) so i guess the info must be available there online anyway
Example: the "next" ROM in line ( 3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA).zip ) got scraped just fine from thegamesDB, and i used it as a template to correctly update my "empty" 2020 Super Baseball (USA).NFO manually

-Does anyone know why some but not all games get scraped?

-What is the best way to correct this issue?

I'm not really keen on manually downloading and updating the missing information and artwork, also if not needed i would prefer keep the already completed ROMS/NFO/ART as is instead of re-importing/downloading the whole bunch from scratch.

Using "standard" settings on Kodi 18.3 Leia and RCB 2.2.3 on Windows 10
(2019-07-23, 04:51)Veggie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to add a SNES zipped romset, .......

To add to post above (can't find EDIT feature?):

Been messing some more and found the following:
Another ROM is called 7th Saga, the (USA).zip , for this ROM also no info or artwork is scraped and i end up with an "empty" generated .NFO file

I deleted this game from my RCB list and deleted the corresponding .NFO file from my ROM-folder
I copied the .zip file to same directory, but renamed it The 7th Saga (USA).zip

Then restarted Kodi and rescraped

7th Sage, the (USA).zip was added to my list without information, also no corresponding artwork was found
but
The 7th Saga (USA).zip was added complete with information and artwork, just as it should

Why that now works beats me
Another ROM that does not get scraped is Super Mario World (USA).zip , a name that seems pretty straightforward to me

I might add that the issue is persistent, so it is always the same ROMs that do or do not get scraped, not different ones each time
I think you can check https://thegamesdb.net/ for the game name. And change it according.

RCB checks for the same name there. And maybe its not perfect when name doesnt exactly match. Previous bulids had a fuzzy match factor. But I guess now looks for 100% or so.
(2019-07-25, 04:53)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can check https://thegamesdb.net/ for the game name. And change it according.

RCB checks for the same name there. And maybe its not perfect when name doesnt exactly match. Previous bulids had a fuzzy match factor. But I guess now looks for 100% or so.
Sorry for above quote without reply...

Yes, i can change a bunch manually, but that was kind of the thing i wanted to avoid.
Anyway i traced down some artwork sets with matching naming scheme, that fixes most of the importing issue since i just copy the whole bunch over
The empty NFO's i can live with, i'll just edit them one by one when i have the time

So far i got it all working awesome on WindowsPC

That being said, i'm totally stuck on Android
I have tried multiple versions of RCB now, and i can import games and artwork reasonably fine
But on Android i cannot get a single rom to start from RCB
I installed Snesx EX Android, Retroarch, multiple Libretro cores, tried using Retroplayer on and off, setting individual games, every setting and combination i can possibly think of but it will just not start any rom

My understanding was that when set to use Retroplayer and no emulator specified i would get a list to choose emulators from?
I never see that list.

It either, flashesLaunching Game a split second, hangs (but is responsive) on Launching game, or get some error message about NoneType and _getItem_ , depending on the settings and version of RCB

I thought after setting it up on PC, Android would be a breeze, but it turns out i'm already wasted almost 2 full days there getting absolutely nowhere
I have all my games imported, all with artwork, most with complete NFO but i cannot figure out how to actually get an emulator to load a ROM
Tried on my Android Tablet too with similar results

I can load the ROMS through libretro cores(through Games in Kodi), with RetroArch and SnesxEX just fine

If anyone can point to a GOOD tutorial on how to set this up on recent Kodi and RCB versions for Android...please let me know
I have a huge library of games complete with artwork and local NFO files. I am only adding smaller collections now and creating NFO files manually. It seems I can't upgrade to the newest version of RCB because the "Import using only local NFO data" is removed or requires an addition xml which would be exhausting to create for each system. Is there a solution?
Hi all,

sorry for the lack of support in the past months. I had a lot going on in RL (for example my 5 months old daughterSmile) and did not find the time to come back to RCB. But I hope that things are settling down a bit and that I will find some time again to step in and fix some minor issues. Thanks at all for providing support during my absence (especially @trihy, @Kupo91 and @Royusmc)!

I briefly scanned the last couple pages here in the thread and will just respond to some posts that don't seem to be solved or otherwise caught my attention. If you still have any issues and I ignored your post, please let me know.

vansai Wrote:Good day. Add Russian language

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/xbmc-...r/30624108
Thanks a lot. I will try to add your translation to the next release. (Still have to find out how the transifex translations work right now)

Royusmc Wrote:Ok it took forever but I did find a fix for the ViewMode not loading and I just wanted to share.
I know this should not work but give it a try. Just Doubling that line got it to work for me.
I hope this helps someone. Good luck
Wow, thanks! This was really driving me crazy and I am quite sure that I would never have come to this solution. As weird as it is, it works Smile This will be added to the next release for sure.

trihy Wrote:Im using kodi 19 alphas.

And rcb menu now is moslty empty, I have to navigate between invisible options, menu, etc. Only a couple of items are showing correctly.

Any ideas?
Thanks for the report. I guess I will look into Kodi 19 when it reaches beta stage. Maybe a little bit earlier if I find the time.

Veggie Wrote:-Does anyone know why some but not all games get scraped?

-What is the best way to correct this issue?
RCB has some "fuzzy" logic when guessing game names but it also tries to be strict and accurate to avoid mismatches. So you will get best results if your rom names are quite similar to the names used on the site that you want to scrape. When you have finished your first automatic scan, you should do a second scan in interactive mode. This will let you select the correct game if more than 1 games are found. More info on scraping modes here.

Veggie Wrote:So far i got it all working awesome on WindowsPC

That being said, i'm totally stuck on Android

My understanding was that when set to use Retroplayer and no emulator specified i would get a list to choose emulators from?
I never see that list.

I can load the ROMS through libretro cores(through Games in Kodi), with RetroArch and SnesxEX just fine

If anyone can point to a GOOD tutorial on how to set this up on recent Kodi and RCB versions for Android...please let me know
I am not sure but afaik RetroPlayer does not yet work on Android. There should be an option to get it working with RetroArch but until now I did not have the time to test RCB on Android myself.

Duimon Wrote:I have a huge library of games complete with artwork and local NFO files. I am only adding smaller collections now and creating NFO files manually. It seems I can't upgrade to the newest version of RCB because the "Import using only local NFO data" is removed or requires an addition xml which would be exhausting to create for each system. Is there a solution?
Nfo files are still supported (and afair the nfo format is unchanged). Just the way nfo files are handled has changed. Since some releases RCB will always import data from nfo files if available. You can (un)check this option in addon settings.

Regards
Malte
Good to see you back @malte 

RCB still going strong. Only minor stuff needs to be improved.

Annoying ones? Well, the video still playing even when you exit rcb or when scrolling Big Grin

The problem not remembering view mode was kinda solved with a workaround some pages back.

Mame scanning is really bad. Cant get proper names list on most games after scanning Mame roms.
(2019-07-30, 17:19)malte Wrote: [ -> ]Nfo files are still supported (and afair the nfo format is unchanged). Just the way nfo files are handled has changed. Since some releases RCB will always import data from nfo files if available. You can (un)check this option in addon settings.

Regards
Malte 
Yes... it still pulls metadata from NFO files but it appears you need a gamelist XML to actually import games. Not all of my ROMs are named using No-Intro conventions (or other standard conventions) I am forced to create my own XML. In the old version an XML was not needed.
trihy Wrote:Annoying ones? Well, the video still playing even when you exit rcb or when scrolling Big Grin
This should be fixed now. You can check the github version.
trihy Wrote:The problem not remembering view mode was kinda solved with a workaround some pages back.
Yes, I saw it and already included it.
trihy Wrote:Mame scanning is really bad. Cant get proper names list on most games after scanning Mame roms.
Can you give me some examples? I tested some MAME roms with the latest history.dat (2.11) and it nearly imported all of them. The games that have not been imported were just missing in the history.dat.
Duimon Wrote:Yes... it still pulls metadata from NFO files but it appears you need a gamelist XML to actually import games. Not all of my ROMs are named using No-Intro conventions (or other standard conventions) I am forced to create my own XML. In the old version an XML was not needed.
I removed the old txt game descriptions with configurable parsers. But you can still use offline game descriptions as described here or just scrape the data and artwork online with one of the available scrapers.
(2019-08-04, 07:50)malte Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the old txt game descriptions with configurable parsers. But you can still use offline game descriptions as described here or just scrape the data and artwork online with one of the available scrapers. 

I think you are misunderstanding me. The way it is in my current setup, I have all my artwork (much of it custom) in predefined folders. I have my ROMs where I want them. I have an NFO folder configured. If I want to add a new smaller System to the line-up I can manually create NFO files and quickly import everything into RCB by selecting the local NFO file method. (No addition files are needed, only the proper settings) I can without very much trouble (Only time) even re-import all 8000 ROMs and 37 systems. With the new method RCB asks for an additional xml games list to actually import games, then it does indeed pull game descriptions from my NFO files. I have found the instructions to obtain these XML files but they are using scene naming standards, I am not. I see no benefit in the new xml requirement. I suppose I could come up with an automatic way to create an XML in the proper format based on my ROMs but please, why should I have to? You obviously wrote the code requiring the new XML. I am having a hard time understanding why you seemingly don't understand the change I am referencing.
(2019-08-05, 00:07)Duimon Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are misunderstanding me. The way it is in my current setup, I have all my artwork (much of it custom) in predefined folders. I have my ROMs where I want them. I have an NFO folder configured. If I want to add a new smaller System to the line-up I can manually create NFO files and quickly import everything into RCB by selecting the local NFO file method. (No addition files are needed, only the proper settings) I can without very much trouble (Only time) even re-import all 8000 ROMs and 37 systems. With the new method RCB asks for an additional xml games list to actually import games, then it does indeed pull game descriptions from my NFO files. I have found the instructions to obtain these XML files but they are using scene naming standards, I am not. I see no benefit in the new xml requirement. I suppose I could come up with an automatic way to create an XML in the proper format based on my ROMs but please, why should I have to? You obviously wrote the code requiring the new XML. I am having a hard time understanding why you seemingly don't understand the change I am referencing. 
If you have your nfo files and artwork in place there is no need for any additional files. Just choose any scraper in the import or config dialog (online or offline does not matter as it isn't used anyway). If you choose offline you will be asked to point RCB to an additional description file (I think this is the point that we are talking about). But in this dialog you can point to any file, it can even be a picture or anything else. This file won't be used during import process if you import your games with nfo files.

I also don't like the way it works now and I will change the behaviour with the next release. The nfo option will go back to the import options dialog again. And if you choose this, you won't need to select any scraper or dummy files.

If I am still misunderstanding you, please show me an example of the xml file you are talking about.