Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so nevermind, it still wont open in solo mode. And since I reinstalled xbmc I havent been getting an xbmc.log file like I used to, is there some setting I need to enable? I checked the .xsession-errors file and it seems that when I try to run the emulator in solo mode I get this response:

"/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/applaunch.sh: Permission denied"

Update: ran chmod on the applaunch.sh file and now I'm getting the similar xbmc restart issues that others were experiencing.
What's the location of the config file?
Maybe I need to download a minimal windows manager to operate outside of xbmc, and thats why the emulator wont run through applaunch.sh. If so, what would you suggest and how would I go about this.
Hey, just wondering if this plugin includes Download URLs for the rom screenshot and marquee's in the NFO file it creates for each game now.

Once it does, I'll be able to use XBMC to supply the same functionality for games in my mod as it does for movies. Big Grin

The functionality I'm talking about is described here.
So I've installed PCSX2 on my HTPC and set it up in RCB, it works fine when I run a game (although this system isn't really powerful enough for the games so an upgrade is looming), one issue I have is that even the PCSX2 is set to go to full screen, for some reason when it's run through XBMC / RCB I still have my Windows taskbar along the bottom. I can't seem to get rid of it, any ideas?
Oakey Wrote:So I've installed PCSX2 on my HTPC and set it up in RCB, it works fine when I run a game (although this system isn't really powerful enough for the games so an upgrade is looming), one issue I have is that even the PCSX2 is set to go to full screen, for some reason when it's run through XBMC / RCB I still have my Windows taskbar along the bottom. I can't seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

Are you using '--fullscreen' as a parameter? If not, add it to the emulator params in front of %ROM% (without the quotes).

Also, with a bit of tweaking, you can have individual setups for games in PCSX2 if you want to squeeze out a few more fps from games that need special configs.

Malte,

I'm not sure when it started happening, but I have started to get crashes when trying to save settings via the dialog box. Here is the relevent part of my log...

Quote:13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: Exception in python script callback execution
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogcontextmenu.py", line 66, in onClick
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: self.config = Config()
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: NameError
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: :
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: global name 'Config' is not defined
13:23:06 T:5560 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x778d8da9: Writing location 0x00000014

Is that something I've messed up, or possible something has changed in SVN?
I am trying to load any rom at this stage. Below is a screen capture of my logs at the time of it not working. What happens is that the artwork appears along with the game info. I try to start the game and nothing happens.

I'm using XBMC Live (latest version - only downloaded it today). Its using the ZSNES emulator.

The error that I can see appears to be the line: "RCB_ERROR: Cannot backup autoexec.py: File exists"

I would love some help with this issue. Thanks

[edit: +1 on how awesome this plugin is - when I get it working Smile]
[edit: It might not matter but my emulator and roms are on a flash drive...]

[UPDATE] I gave up in the end and installed Win7. I didn't know at the time how to unix. I eventually found pastebin which would have helped figure this out easier... (too late now tho)
Hey All, well this is a virgin post, I’m guessing is not going to be my last on my XBMC journey.
Please don’t yell at me for not looking through the 150 pages of posts, but I’m about to set this up this Browser and was wondering if anyone has a list of the best emulators and versions to use in conjunction. I’m guessing there is a post deep within these 150 pages of exactly what I need.
Anyone knows where I can find this list or does anyone have a idea of the best main emulators to use.

Thanks for the help
F. Krueger Wrote:Hey All, well this is a virgin post, I’m guessing is not going to be my last on my XBMC journey.
Please don’t yell at me for not looking through the 150 pages of posts, but I’m about to set this up this Browser and was wondering if anyone has a list of the best emulators and versions to use in conjunction. I’m guessing there is a post deep within these 150 pages of exactly what I need.
Anyone knows where I can find this list or does anyone have a idea of the best main emulators to use.

Thanks for the help

What system(s) do you want to emulate and on which platform?

For Windows, off the top of my head:

Nintendo:

Gameboy/GBC/GBA = VisualBoyAdvance

NES = FCEUX

SNES = Snes9x

N64 = Project64 (1.6)

DS/3DS = ?

Gamecube/Wii = Dolphin

Sega:

Gamegear all the way to SegaCD = Kega Fusion

Dreamcast/Saturn = ?

Sony:

Playstation = PCSX-Reloaded

PS2 = PCSX2

And finally,

Amiga = Winuae

Although it all depends on personal preferences, for most systems there is really only one choice. I guess the most important aspect considering this script is they must support command line options.
I'm trying to import some ROM hacks by setting "local .NFO" in the Import Games window. It appears to read the new .NFO files (I see the new names as it scrolls through) but it doesn't import anything.

Super Mario Rebirth (Hack) for instance... I duplicated Super Mario Bros.nes, and Super Mario Bros.nfo, and renamed them Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).nes and Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).nfo I editted the new .NFO changing the title and plot. I also placed "Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).ips" next to those files.

In RCB, I select Import Games... then NES Collection. Interactive (Tried all three). Scraper 1: Local .nfo, None, None (Also tried Local .nfo, local .nfo, local .nfo) I can see "Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack) flash on the screan as it scans the files, but it doesn't import it.

Anyone know why this isn't working? Thanks in advance!
Just curious....should people use mameui32 or just mame?
Sorry but I just want to re-post my unanswered question on this fresh page:

I'm trying to import some ROM hacks by setting "local .NFO" in the Import Games window. It appears to read the new .NFO files (I see the new names as it scrolls through) but it doesn't import anything.

Super Mario Rebirth (Hack) for instance... I duplicated Super Mario Bros.nes, and Super Mario Bros.nfo, and renamed them Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).nes and Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).nfo I editted the new .NFO changing the title and plot. I also placed "Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack).ips" next to those files.

In RCB, I select Import Games... then NES Collection. Interactive (Tried all three). Scraper 1: Local .nfo, None, None (Also tried Local .nfo, local .nfo, local .nfo) I can see "Super Mario Bros Rebirth (Hack) flash on the screan as it scans the files, but it doesn't import it.

altoiddealer Wrote:Sorry but I just want to re-post my unanswered question on this fresh page
Your question is not lost. I've been away for some days and will try to reply to the unanswered questions in the next days. Yours needs some time for me to reproduce the issue so it may take some more timeBig Grin.

CarlWinslow Wrote:Update: ran chmod on the applaunch.sh file and now I'm getting the similar xbmc restart issues that others were experiencing.

Maybe I need to download a minimal windows manager to operate outside of xbmc, and thats why the emulator wont run through applaunch.sh. If so, what would you suggest and how would I go about this.
Yes, this will be the way to go if you want to use solo mode on an XBMC live installation. Sorry, but I can't give you much support as my linux skills are also very limited.

In the wiki of the old Launcher is explained how to do this but I can't tell you if this is a good solution: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/w..._Emulators

kruuth Wrote:What's the location of the config file?
You will find it in XBMCs userdata folder in "addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser". XBMC userdata can be found here on Win: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

SM_Sith_Lord Wrote:Hey, just wondering if this plugin includes Download URLs for the rom screenshot and marquee's in the NFO file it creates for each game now.

Once it does, I'll be able to use XBMC to supply the same functionality for games in my mod as it does for movies.

The functionality I'm talking about is described here.
This feature is already on my list but unfortunately it was always shifted to the next version. I will make it a higher priority and hope to get it into one of the next 1-2 releases.

Tomkun Wrote:I'm not sure when it started happening, but I have started to get crashes when trying to save settings via the dialog box. Here is the relevent part of my log...

Is that something I've messed up, or possible something has changed in SVN?
There was a bug in the last test version (0.9.0) but in current SVN everything is working for me. Can you show me a complete log file? Maybe I can reproduce it here.

Sniipe Wrote:I am trying to load any rom at this stage. Below is a screen capture of my logs at the time of it not working. What happens is that the artwork appears along with the game info. I try to start the game and nothing happens.

I'm using XBMC Live (latest version - only downloaded it today). Its using the ZSNES emulator.

The error that I can see appears to be the line: "RCB_ERROR: Cannot backup autoexec.py: File exists"

I would love some help with this issue. Thanks

[edit: +1 on how awesome this plugin is - when I get it working ]
[edit: It might not matter but my emulator and roms are on a flash drive...]
Haha. Great screen captureBig Grin. But it is hard for me to read the relevant parts of your log. Is there a chance that you can upload the log on pastebin.com or similar and post the link here?

I don't think the issue is the backup of autoexec.py. There seems to be something wrong with the configuration of your emu cmds but I can't really see it on this screen shot.

F. Krueger Wrote:Hey All, well this is a virgin post, I’m guessing is not going to be my last on my XBMC journey.

Thanks for the help
Tomkun already made a great list of emulators. Additionally I can only direct you to Angelscrys emu wiki: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page

altoiddealer Wrote:I'm trying to import some ROM hacks by setting "local .NFO" in the Import Games window. It appears to read the new .NFO files (I see the new names as it scrolls through) but it doesn't import anything.

As I wrote above, this will require some more investigation. I will come back to it soon.

kruuth Wrote:Just curious....should people use mameui32 or just mame?
I guess it does not matter. But maybe someone with more MAME experience can give you a better advice.
I have problems running PS1 Games with EPSXE through RCB. The games start without a problem with the -loadiso "%rom" -nogui commands but epsxe doesn't find any memorycard or savestates so I can not save or load a game. I tried launching it through cmd with the same parameters (replacing the %rom with a iso name) and the emulator detects the memory cards and savestates. I tried using a .bat file with -loadiso %1 -nogui but the problem still occurs. What does RCB different than launching the emulator through cmd?
Darkcloud Wrote:I have problems running PS1 Games with EPSXE through RCB. The games start without a problem with the -loadiso "%rom" -nogui commands but epsxe doesn't find any memorycard or savestates so I can not save or load a game. I tried launching it through cmd with the same parameters (replacing the %rom with a iso name) and the emulator detects the memory cards and savestates. I tried using a .bat file with -loadiso %1 -nogui but the problem still occurs. What does RCB different than launching the emulator through cmd?
I guess it is a problem with absolute and relative pathes in epsxe configuration. Epsxe seems to expect the memory card files in the current working directory. You could try to configure the path to your memory card as absolute path in epsxe configuration (not sure if this is possible). Or you could try to use a batch script that does a cd "dir to epsxe" first.