Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No longer maintained. Not Eden compatible.

More detailed video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBIuEQv2C8

How to install

- Download skin.alaska.revisited-3.0.3.zip
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved skin.alaska.revisited-3.0.3.zip and Install

Tutorials

Combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively. I recommend resizing the landscape images to 408x230 to prevent slowdown. (Note: This can now be done automatically from Alaska's setting [Scripts/Extras])

• If you need to change any of the images for whatever reason you'll need to delete userdata/Database/textures.db to force XBMC to re-cache them.

Alaska Revisited (XBMC) How to enable Submenu buttons

SVN not always up-to-date and for development purposes only - so unless you're modding the skin DO NOT USE

http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Thanks alot for that, will test it when I come home.
Oh me like. Download. Comment later Smile
W-O-W!!

It's good. Very good. So good that it might be my default skin from now on.

I know you said about not offering support but I just wanted to give it a try Wink

- The home menu doesn't seem to update the way I configure it: the Programs icon still appears, it doesn't show the menu picture I chose, basically it remains with the default settings.

Any help would be appreciated, other than that it is really nice!
One more question. In your video, when you hover on a show/movie, it seems to take you to the info screen automatically... or is it you pressing a command?
it's him pressing "i" and the revisited version is plain beauty.
That Files Viewtype is so simple and beautiful. Much better than the one in the original Alaska. Best one I've seen yet. Thank you.
I can't seem to get it to hide icons on the home page, for example pictures.
joebanana Wrote:W-O-W!!

It's good. Very good. So good that it might be my default skin from now on.

I know you said about not offering support but I just wanted to give it a try Wink

- The home menu doesn't seem to update the way I configure it: the Programs icon still appears, it doesn't show the menu picture I chose, basically it remains with the default settings.

Any help would be appreciated, other than that it is really nice!
I didn't bother coding in the single images but you can easy get around this by making a folder with the one image you want to use in it.
D0nR0sa Wrote:it's him pressing "i" and the revisited version is plain beauty.
Correct.
Cocophone Wrote:I can't seem to get it to hide icons on the home page, for example pictures.
Again, not coded as I like to see them all.

I can see I'm going to have to block out some of the options so as to not confuse anyone into thinking everything they see can be used.
Might be a way to protect you from "bug reports" Big Grin
Oh and I don't know if you're working on it so I'm going to create a music now playing screen and will post it here when I'm done.