Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to regain focus if lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Occasionally XMBC loses focus, especially if my PC (located in another room from where my HDTV is located) is doing some batch tasks. Is there a way to program a keyboard shortcut, even if using a third party app, that I can program into Intelliremote to give XBMC focus again? I can program that command into my Harmony remote and it would be problem solved. Smile

Thanks
i have a similar issue with xbmc when rebooting my media pc, after a period of say 15 seconds, xbmc minimises.

so i have programmed a button on my remote to detect if xbmc window is alive, and if so, to bring to front/focus. its easy as point and click when using eventghost for ir commands.

hope this helps you buddy,

Dam0
i used to have this problem all the time.

I was fiddling around with the settings within XBMC and i noticed that one setting that was checked by default was to have xbmc be a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen. I unchecked this option, and I haven't had xbmc lose focus once since.

I am not sure of the ramifications of this, but I am assuming that it has something to do with displaying on a second monitor, which I don't use, so it works great for me.
feerlessleadr Wrote:i used to have this problem all the time.

I was fiddling around with the settings within XBMC and i noticed that one setting that was checked by default was to have xbmc be a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen. I unchecked this option, and I haven't had xbmc lose focus once since.

I am not sure of the ramifications of this, but I am assuming that it has something to do with displaying on a second monitor, which I don't use, so it works great for me.

Hi
can you tell me how can i do it? Waht skin are you using to see this option?
Also, I've ported my configuration from XBOX to Windows and I cannot remember how to disable debug! MediaStream cannot do it and I can't remember how to diable it.
Thanks
I am trying a program called DeskPins. It's a free download. I added a 'pin' to XBMC and a program I am using to run a batch tried to steal focus but focus was returned to XBMC immediately. I'll have to try this out over the course of the next few days to see how well it works.
nabz Wrote:Hi
can you tell me how can i do it? Waht skin are you using to see this option?
Also, I've ported my configuration from XBOX to Windows and I cannot remember how to disable debug! MediaStream cannot do it and I can't remember how to diable it.
Thanks
I answer myself: I couldn't disable debug because I added the advancedsettings.xml... Smile
Also I've set the real full screen option Smile. I'll test it and tell you if it works.
I have the green button on my MS remote mapped to ctrl-shift-X, and I have set this as the shortcut on the XBMC icon. So when I press the green button it runs XBMC. If XBMC is already running it sets the focus back to XBMC. NB this doesn't work in the release 9.11. I fixed the bug in some build or other. Anyhow it works in the latest builds.

JR
I have the same problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70456

As a hack I just mapped a button on my remote to Alt+Tab to switch back to it. But a real solution would be nice Smile
Those third party apps didn't really help. But I discovered that Intelliremote has the ability to program a button to move to the next task in Windows. I have my remote set up now where I click a button to move to the next task until I get back to XBMC.