Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-10-13, 17:38)newatv2user Wrote: [ -> ]You could try the zip on post 1546 and also read post 1556.

i've tried this as well, still only plays one song and immediately (sometimes) goes back to xbmc home screen then won't play another song. Currently I am now using the rivy zip 2.1.0 and same thing...the zip you refer to is 1.28.10 I think these two are essentially the same. As far as the other response about the indentations i have edited the proper script & it looks identical, but I don't know if there is something I am missing. Having said that, I am only able to edit a saved version of the script not the original, so I have used stuffit to take out the script and replace it with the edited one, still same result. Unless I am just missing something, which is likely, I'm no expert at this, this alternative will not work. I suppose I am editing wrong..I just can't seem to edit the original zip.
well i have viewed the indentations of post 1541 and that of the zip from 1546 and they differ slightly. I'm not sure how it should be indented. Like I said I'm no expert at this so I suppose I am just editing the wrong way...do you just command line them out or remove the lines via the delete (backspace)? I have also removed all scripts within the packages folder, userdata & addons...is the script elsewhere as well? Anyway, I'm using an editor for python and I am going to hold off editing anything until I get more feedback.
(2012-10-13, 17:38)newatv2user Wrote: [ -> ]You could try the zip on post 1546 and also read post 1556.

Please disregard my former posts! I can verify that the zip on post 1546 DOES work and YES, read the post of 1556! My error was i had removed all scripts from XBMC/userdata/addon_data, and addons AND packages folders but was still installing the wrong zip (stupid!) after having removed all the older scripts and installing the zip on 1546 Pandora now is working and flowing again...thank you for all the info...I gotta be patient and pay attention to what I'm doing next time...all the answers ARE here!
That's var/mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data.../XBMC/addons...and /XBMC/addons/packages
(2011-11-23, 20:58)Th3R00st3r Wrote: [ -> ]How do you change the skins and sort the stations??

You can edit the ~/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/pandora/pandora.py file

Add self.stations.sort(key=lambda i: i.name) to the get_stations section to sort stations by name

Edited to include more code: If you have added leading numbers and/or spaces to your station names to force a sort order and you do not want these displayed, add count = 0 through the remaining code shown here.

Edited to move QuickMix station to the top when sorting

Code:
def get_stations(self, *ignore):
    stations = self.json_call('user.getStationList')['stations']
    self.quickMixStationIds = None
    self.stations = [Station(self, i) for i in stations]

for i in self.stations:
        if i.name.lower().startswith('the '):
            i.sortname = i.name[4:]
        elif i.name.lower().startswith('an '):
            i.sortname = i.name[3:]
        elif i.name.lower().startswith('a '):
            i.sortname = i.name[2:]
        elif i.name[:] == "QuickMix":
            i.sortname = "0001 QuickMix"
        else:
            i.sortname = i.name[:]

self.stations.sort(key=lambda i: i.sortname)

count = 0
    while (count < len(self.stations)):
        for i in self.stations:
            if i.name[0:1] in ['0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9',' ']:
                i.name = i.name[1:]
                count = 0
            else:
                count = count + 1

Hope this helps
I too have had the one-song-and-done problem.
I uninstalled and deleted every reference to Pandora I could find as recommended in 1556.
Then I installed the zip from 1546.
I have now been using it for an hour or more without issue.
It works again!
For reference I am a Pandora One subscriber.

Hoobie7
Greetings,

I'm trying to use this script with XBMC Dharma v10.1 and when I click on the add-on I receive an error message saying "script failed".

Is this script written in a manner which makes it only compatible with XBMC Eden v11.x versions?

If so, is there a relatively simple change which can be made with the script which will make it compatible with XBMC Dharma?

I have (6) installations of XBMC Dharma running on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 machines and (7) installations of XBMC Dharma running on WinXP machines. Even if I was willing to upgrade this many installations, XBMC Eden has some shortcomings which makes upgrading undesirable. Among these shortcomings is a problem with binaries compiled with GNU compilers above a certain revision level which makes the binaries incapable of properly rendering "midi" (i.e. *.mid files) using timidity. Every Eden binary that I have tried suffers from this problem.

Best Regards,

s4
Well Pandora was previously fixed (1546 zip file post) but now it's doing the play a few songs and quit thing. I'm a pandora one subscriber too.
(2012-10-20, 20:21)froz Wrote: [ -> ]Well Pandora was previously fixed (1546 zip file post) but now it's doing the play a few songs and quit thing. I'm a pandora one subscriber too.

Can't say the same...listened to Pandora for 6+ hours today and I'm a Pandora One subscriber as well.
(2012-10-14, 00:02)ssweet Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this helps

Worked great for me. Sooo happy to have that mess cleaned up. Thanks!
just to chime in here on the same note, Pandora is still working fine for me as well!
Even after completely uninstalling, and reinstalling the zip from post 1546, the first two songs play fine, and then it craps out. Running Frodo alpha 6 and Win 7.
(2012-10-21, 23:36)bob050082 Wrote: [ -> ]Even after completely uninstalling, and reinstalling the zip from post 1546, the first two songs play fine, and then it craps out. Running Frodo alpha 6 and Win 7.

are you removing all the other older zips in the other folders in the root chain as was listed? this worked for me. just installing the new zip will not work if any of the others still remain in the other folders, xbmc will continue to use whatever is still there first i guess
sorry, i meant all the other script files, not zips
Mine is still not working either. I'm using Raspbmc RC5 (ALPHA7) on a Raspberry Pi. I removed all pandora files (uninstall addon, delete source zip file, delete zip file under packages, delete user data). Then I installed the zip from 1546 and still have the one and done behavior.
Hmmm... I followed the steps above:
- Uninstalled the plugin
- Shutdown XBMC
- Deleted the zip from addons
- Deleted the zip from packages
- Deleted the folder from userdata
- Restarted XMBC
- Installed from Post 1546
- Configured with my username and password

...and I thought I was golden. But I've tested several times and it's the same behavior...it plays four songs and then then stops. It doesn't exist the app, it just stops playing. Did I miss a step or perhaps those with it working without interruption have any suggestions?
Use it fullscreen.

If already doing so, Pastebin your xbmc.log.