Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or do the thumbs up and down buttons not work in this add-on?
Still not working for me, running Eden on Windows 7.
Now the addon plays four songs and then it stops.
(2012-11-22, 10:44)Eye in the sky Wrote: [ -> ]Still not working for me, running Eden on Windows 7.
Now the addon plays four songs and then it stops.

You need to provide a lot more information before anyone can help you:
  • Which version of the add-on did you install? Please provide the URL of where you got the add-on.
  • Did you implement the pandaplayer.py patch mentioned in this earlier post?
  • Please enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch the Pandora add-on and, when it stops playing songs, immediately locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link for your uploaded log here with your reply.
(2012-11-17, 03:12)k3oni Wrote: [ -> ]Try the following, it is a fully working slightly modified version of the plug-in, works fine on my xbmc:

https://www.yaktab.com/en/py5b1a

Let me know if you see any issues, may be able to fix some if i get the time.

using this, but my visualizations are spotty. they will work, then stop and Its just a black screen with the Pandora logo in the top left corner

there was a skin that some how was displaying the artist info such as head shot and fanart it was pretty badass I can't recall the skin that did that.

-=Jason=-
(2012-11-22, 03:28)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or do the thumbs up and down buttons not work in this add-on?

I just realized they weren't working after you posted, try and update the plugin now: https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2
(2012-11-25, 00:43)k3oni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 03:28)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or do the thumbs up and down buttons not work in this add-on?

I just realized they weren't working after you posted, try and update the plugin now: https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2

Why isn't this add-on on a github or something? k3oni has posted a new update often. Its the perfect situation for git...
I believe spbogie is rewriting the pandora script. K3oni was just updating the script in the interim so people had working versions till spbogie is ready with the new script. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers for your update, K3oni. Works a treat for me on Eden, Win 7 32bit.
(2012-11-29, 02:54)DJVege Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for your update, K3oni. Works a treat for me on Eden, Win 7 32bit.

Good to know, enjoy Smile.

I am running Frodo Beta 1 (openelec 3.0b1). The scripts starts up and shows my Pandora stations which I can select. However the music never starts. I click the play button and the progress bar doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
(2012-12-03, 21:10)alexjramos Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Frodo Beta 1 (openelec 3.0b1). The scripts starts up and shows my Pandora stations which I can select. However the music never starts. I click the play button and the progress bar doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

I'm using the link from Post #1610, and have the same issue on Raspbmc, which is using Frodo Beta 1. I know earlier versions of the add-on worked for me, but I was using versions of XBMC prior to Frodo Beta 1. I'll check older versions of the Pandora add-on to see if they work.
Hi.

Here's a twist... I'm running Pivos Xios' Linux build of XBMC..

I'm also using the link from Post #1610

Launches, plays the first song, and when the screensaver kicks in, does not load the next song.

If I use the Pivos Xios provided remote, then the next song will play.

Sorry... Can't provide a debug... Still not enough of a Linux geek to do so.

(unrelated: Shoutcast 2 plugin works great, so I can still get tunes. Smile

(2012-12-04, 01:13)zebraitis Wrote: [ -> ]Launches, plays the first song, and when the screensaver kicks in, does not load the next song.

What if you disable the screensaver or set it to a longer time-out (e.g., 60 minutes), will it play more than just the first song?

(2012-12-04, 01:16)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]What if you disable the screensaver or set it to a longer time-out (e.g., 60 minutes), will it play more than just the first song?

Good question! Nod

(background info: In Pandora add-on setup, only added name, password, and changed music to "MP3")

Power up, remove screensaver (set to "none"), launch Pandora...

Music, add-ons, Pandora. Select "Quick Mix".

1) Lost in Space (live), Luna
2) ....

Nothing.

Pick up the remote, arrow down...

1) Big Mistake, Natalie Imbruglia
2) ....

Nothing.

Pick up the remote, arrow over...

1) Where the streets have no name, Pet Shop Boys.
2) ...

Nothing.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

So, looks like the screensaver had nothing to do with it.

Any single click of the remote will "nudge" Pandora, and it will play the next song.
(2012-12-04, 01:13)zebraitis Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a twist... I'm running Pivos Xios' Linux build of XBMC..
Which version of XBMC is this based on? Look in the System/Settings > System info page.
(2012-12-04, 02:04)zebraitis Wrote: [ -> ]Any single click of the remote will "nudge" Pandora, and it will play the next song.
I had a similar problem with Frodo Alpha 7, but was resolved with Frodo Beta 1. See my post #1604 above.