Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Works great on Frodo but "thumb up" doesn't work?

LOG:

12:26:47 T:6484 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 337
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Vu Nguyen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandagui.py", line 74, in onClick
self.getControl(BTN_THUMBED_DN).setVisible(False)
RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 337
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-01-05, 19:22)k3oni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-05, 19:16)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]Been using for a while now, hoping and waiting for a complete rewrite. In the mean time I just tried k3oni's latest posted version. It works well, but I am still unable to thumb up, or down, any songs. Is this just something I have to wait for, or should it be fixed with this version? Maybe I did something wrong installing it?
Any help appreciated.

Thumbs up and down should work fine in the last version posted: https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2 .

K3oni, Can you or someone else post this somewhere else please? This link tells me that the users monthly bandwidth has been exceeded :/

Thank you!

-n
(2013-01-31, 21:42)nicbot Wrote: [ -> ]K3oni, Can you or someone else post this somewhere else please? This link tells me that the users monthly bandwidth has been exceeded :/

Thank you!

-n

That's funny as that is my website Smile. The file should be available now.
(2013-01-31, 20:23)vnguyen972 Wrote: [ -> ]Works great on Frodo but "thumb up" doesn't work?

LOG:

12:26:47 T:6484 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 337
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Vu Nguyen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandagui.py", line 74, in onClick
self.getControl(BTN_THUMBED_DN).setVisible(False)
RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 337
-->End of Python script error report<--

Which version are you running, where did you get it from?
(2012-10-27, 23:56)user54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-27, 20:40)cobels Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for this noob question. Have looked in the forum but have not found the answer.

If you downloadload master.tar.gz from link on first page. How do i install it then in xbmc. Because xbmc expects an add from a zip file. And untaring this file and zipping it does not give a reslult.

The link on the first page gives me a download to a master.tar.gz where i expect a zip.

Please some help on what is most likely obvious to you.

That is a file for a different type of file system. I have uploaded a zip file that will work for you below.

http://www.filedropper.com/xbmc-pandora-...ora-pithos

A way to do this yourself is to download a program like 7-zip, which will read the gz file type. Once you have extracted the files, you can then make a zip file from that.

I tried doing this myself but when I install from zip file XBMC i get an unsupported structure error. Using 7zip I extracted the master.gz file. Then I extracted the resulting master file again using 7zip to get a folder "xbmc-pandora-...-pithos" and a file "pax_global_header"

I tried using 7zip to compress the file and folder in a zip file. I also tried just compressing the contents of the "xbmc-pandora-...-pithos" folder into a zip file. Neither worked. What am I doing wrong?
fiftyeight - have the same exact problem will not install. will not rezip. zip is the standard install for repositories yet there is no zip file for this pandora plugin

all links above (except the gz file) do not work

seems like master.gz does not have the correct structure for FRODO, and it also is a gz file, not a zip.

result this is not working. Tried to find the directory structure in FRODO that I could just copy the PANDORA directory into, but no luck
(2013-02-02, 17:43)ktjensen Wrote: [ -> ]fiftyeight - have the same exact problem will not install. will not rezip. zip is the standard install for repositories yet there is no zip file for this pandora plugin

seems like master.gz does not have the correct structure for FRODO, and it also is a gz file, not a zip.

result this is not working. Tried to find the directory structure in FRODO that I could just copy the PANDORA directory into, but no luck

Try the following again https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2 .
Also here is the git repo: https://github.com/k3oni/script.xbmc.pandora
(2013-02-02, 19:10)k3oni Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-02, 17:43)ktjensen Wrote: [ -> ]fiftyeight - have the same exact problem will not install. will not rezip. zip is the standard install for repositories yet there is no zip file for this pandora plugin

Try the following again https://www.yaktab.com/en/p251f2 .
Also here is the git repo: https://github.com/k3oni/script.xbmc.pandora

thanks k3oni. was able to get a working download from yaktab. link was functional at yaktab when i tried it yesterday.
I love the plugin but lately I am seeing some strange behavior. It seems to happen when I Thumbs Down a few songs in a row. Pandora stops playing music, and the progress bar just move across the screen really fast, like double speed. Not even restarting xbmc seems to correct the issue. However, if I wait a day it so, it will resume correct operation. Anyone else see this type of behavior?
I'm running into some minor issues as well. I need to stay in the Pandora app; on an older version, I was able to hit Back and have the music continue to stream with visualizations. Now when I hit back, the visualization flashes then the music stops and I'm back to the main screen in silence. Hitting the down icon (under thumbs up & down) just shows a black screen with a P in the top left. The info button does nothing either.

I'm not really complaining since I can actually stream music with this app, just wanted to point out the minor issues I've seen.
(2013-02-05, 04:49)imolaavant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running into some minor issues as well. I need to stay in the Pandora app; on an older version, I was able to hit Back and have the music continue to stream with visualizations. Now when I hit back, the visualization flashes then the music stops and I'm back to the main screen in silence. Hitting the down icon (under thumbs up & down) just shows a black screen with a P in the top left. The info button does nothing either.

I'm not really complaining since I can actually stream music with this app, just wanted to point out the minor issues I've seen.

Use the down arrow, you may get a back screen with the Pandora logo on top left corner on first song but as soon as the song changes the visualization and song details should show up.
(2013-02-05, 21:54)k3oni Wrote: [ -> ]Use the down arrow, you may get a back screen with the Pandora logo on top left corner on first song but as soon as the song changes the visualization and song details should show up.

It does indeed. I've also noticed that if you open the top navigation bar (in Aeon Nox; not sure about other skins) while in the app, you can click Plug-ins to go to the plugin screen and then esc out to the main UI. Pandora continues to play with background visualization just like you were playing local content and you can navigate around XBMC.
i installed it on xbmc on windows8. version 1.2.10 that is. Seems to work fine. but when I hit Play triangle, no sound and it does not turn to pause vertical bars. What gives? Works fine on windows7
(2013-02-07, 14:48)rashid420 Wrote: [ -> ]i installed it on xbmc on windows8. version 1.2.10 that is. Seems to work fine. but when I hit Play triangle, no sound and it does not turn to pause vertical bars. What gives? Works fine on windows7

Is it playing anything, is the song bar moving as it's playing?
My Pandora keeps crashing XBMC. New Windows 7 install. New Frodo.

The plugin logs on and gets my stations correctly. The music plays for 2 seconds and goes into infinite repeat. XBMC crashes. Here is some of my XBMC log...

14:44:43 T:3100 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:44:43 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Initializing v1.2.10-git
14:44:43 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: sys.platform = win32
14:44:48 T:3100 ERROR: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\pandaplayer.py:7: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmc.Player.__init__( self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER )
14:44:48 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Window Initalized!!!
14:44:53 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: getting more songs
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Society
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Into The Wild (Soundtrack)', 'artist': u'Eddie Vedder', 'title': u'Society'}
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Think Like A Man
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Believe', 'artist': u'Orianthi', 'title': u'Think Like A Man'}
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Betterman
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)', 'artist': u'Pearl Jam', 'title': u'Betterman'}
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Adding song Ice Cream
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: item info = {'album': u'Fumbling Towards Ecstasy', 'artist': u'Sarah McLachlan', 'title': u'Ice Cream'}
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Item 0 http://audio-sv5-t1-3.pandora.com/access...AVxkmm0%3D
14:44:54 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: Item 1 <xbmcgui.ListItem object at 0x0AE26B78>
14:44:54 T:2584 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://audio-sv5-t1-3.pandora.com/access...AVxkmm0%3D
14:44:54 T:2584 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
14:44:54 T:3184 NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
14:44:54 T:3184 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
14:44:54 T:3184 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
14:44:54 T:3884 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
14:44:55 T:3184 NOTICE: Opening audio stream: 0 source: 256
14:44:55 T:3184 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
14:44:55 T:3184 NOTICE: Creating audio thread
14:44:55 T:3184 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
14:44:55 T:708 NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayerAudio start, auto delete: false
14:44:55 T:3184 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
14:44:55 T:708 NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess()
14:44:55 T:708 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
14:44:55 T:3100 NOTICE: PANDORA: onPlayBackStarted: http://audio-sv5-t1-3.pandora.com/access...AVxkmm0%3D
14:44:56 T:2584 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions

Local music plays fine. Movie audio is fine. I've tried all 3 audio quality settings in Pandora with the same results. I'd love to fix this, it's my favorite!!

Dave
I have the Pandora script 1.28.10-Git running perfect on XBMC for Mac (still running Snow Leopard 10.6.8) & AppleTV 2 (5.0.2) XBMC Frodo, I don't know why anyone is having trouble with this on these two at platforms least. Having said that, I've installed XBMC on my iPad Mini & iPhone 4S but the same Pandora script will not run on these two and I can't figure out why. I've removed all scripts from the appropriate locations and have even installed a couple different Pandora scripts as described on this or the previous pages posts and neither work. Anyone have any ideas? It's not necessary to have Pandora in XBMC on either iPad or iPhone with PandoraSkip from Cydia, but I like to get things working across the board.