Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best All Around Media Manager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have been using XBMC on the XBOX for many many years. I have finally decided to go with an HTPC for the HD capabilities. When it comes to files I am extremely picky about keeping files organized and neat. I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best all around program to scrape movie info from IMDB/TVDB etc for movies and shows. Also, it should have the ability to move files to a specific folder/season folder.

I was using Windows Media Center for a few weeks and used Media Center Master with it. Will this work with XBMC? It was good except when it renames files it messes with uTorrent seeding. If there is any program that takes this into account somehow that would be WONDERFUL but I really doubt it is even possible. For those of you who use uTorrent and have to keep shows/movies seeding for an X amount of time what do you do?

Finally, it the program should be able to run in the background so it does everything automatically. What seems to be the most popular program to do all these things? I used to use YAMMJ with my popcorn hour but it was a huge PITA to set up and manage.

Thanks guys. I know there is a ton of info on these forums, but it is just so overwhelming and I would like to stick with the "best" and easiest so your suggestions would be much appreciated.
Not having all the experience, I can only speak on behalf of myself. Currently I am using Ember Media Manager, which work perfectly for my needs.

However, I think that the media manager idea is a but fresh, since there is many alternatives, and they all do it their way.

Just look in this forum, and you will find some of the ones available.

Happy hunting Wink
MindTooth Wrote:However, I think that the media manager idea is a but fresh, since there is many alternatives, and they all do it their way.

Just look in this forum, and you will find some of the ones available.

Happy hunting Wink

Yeah... I'm considering to use one.... having confused now Smile
tried a few stoped with ember, it works. Not the best probably but enough to make me stop looking
I use Ember also. I tried a few others and found Ember better fit my usage.

I think the selection of media manager is more a personal preference on how the UI works and is layed out. They all pretty much do the same thing.

The ember team is pretty quick on updates when things change at the IMDB web site. The only thing missing is TV episode support, which is being worked on at the moment.
Use Ember for Movies, but the previous Ember builds were stable, the 1.0.0 is VERY buggy.
(No Source for Downloading previous builds ?!)

For TVshows you should be fine with Media Info Plus & TVrename.
MIP It has the fastest scraping and also the recognition is better.
TVrename does the rest.

So the question shouldn't be 'Which is the best..' because their is no best, just a good mix can be recommend.

Greetz Smile
Ubuntuf4n
EMber 1.0 works fine for me... TV Series Support is really great and cannot beat by anything else atm
I just use the scrapers available in XBMC. Works fine for me. I only miss the ability to chain scrapers.
Media Companion is the best by far Smile
Paybac Wrote:Media Companion is the best by far Smile

+1

Updates all the time. Whenever anyone changes their server back end, MC is updated virtually straight away. Now with TV episode renaming built in it's a one stop, shop.
Paybac Wrote:Media Companion is the best by far Smile

+1

I've tried almost every one at this point and I agree that Media Companion is the best overall. It's fast, accurate and now it even has renaming and command line functionality. The developer (billyad2000) is constantly taking feedback and improving it.
rausch101 Wrote:... accurate and now it even has renaming and command line functionality.

Wooww... it's nice to have renaming.

Currently I'm using therenamer to rename file, then use EMM to get the stuff (nfo, fanart, etc).

I'll try MC soon Smile
is there a difference between TVrename and therenamer, or is this the new name?
ubuntuf4n Wrote:is there a difference between TVrename and therenamer, or is this the new name?

Yes, there's a difference - they're completely different programs. I'd say TVrename is more targeted at complexity/functionality where therenamer targets simplicity. They both accomplish the same task although therename now does movies.
h3rd3r Wrote:I'll try MC soon Smile

Make sure you download from the forum so you get the newest version, FYI
Pages: 1 2