Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant Play any video from my Netgear Stora NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me, I can't figure out how to play any video from my NAS. XBMC detects all the video, but it wont play a thing. I can play music, slideshow but not movie. I can play all the movie if i put it in local my drive. Thanks!!!
What build / platform? Explain in known english how and what. If possible and needed, produce debug.log and paste it to pastebin.com (eg).
Im currently using xbmc 9.11 under XP SP3. Here is my log http://pastebin.com/q3MPiZ83
nicely done. So, you'r using Upnp, not SMB/cifs?
Rather go to samba...
Yup, I used Upnp as the source. My NAS is Upnp/DLNA certified. I don't know about the samba though...
passaway Wrote:Yup, I used Upnp as the source. My NAS is Upnp/DLNA certified. I don't know about the samba though...

I would suggest to use samba share. Make some samba share in your NAS and add a video source smb link in Xbmc.. You are able to see the created SambaShare in XP's network neighbourhood and map a drive to it (eg).
Thanks! I'll try tomorrow. I just thought that XBMC is better than nero mediahome 4, which i already had, plays my movie from NAS except mkv
believe me, Xbmc is the most suitable mediaRenderer ever with all it's cabapilities, libraries and pythons...
Hi I'm completely new to XBMC and I'm having trouble connecting my Andriod TV box running XBMC to my Netgear Stora, XBMC sees the Stora under UPNP but does not show any of the files on my Stora. The Stora does have password protection but I'm not asked for the passwords when try to access the Stora and can not find anywhere to enter the passwords, any help would be appreciated.