Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im using this option because xbmc minimize every time therenamer is running on the backgroud,but the videos have some tearings during playback and vertical blanck sync is always enabled.
any help?
tried different versions of xbmc and same problem.
im on windows 7 and GF9300 graphic card.
thanx
I've never used "therenamer", but it investigate that since it's stealing focus and the cause of your problem.
How do you have it scheduled to run in the background? Scheduled task, other?
Using a full screen window tends to result in tearing. The fix is to cure the problem with renamer and go back to using true fullscreen.

JR
i tried to solve the problem with the therenamer application,i spent many hours on it but no luck,on the app website forum i could not find a solution ,the author does not see any problem with it.
i hope someone has a solution
I've also the tearing problem, i am not sure if this could be solved.

Yesterday was the same question... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70192
Tearing is always due to vsync not being enabled. So check to see if your driver settings have vsync enabled.
gui Wrote:i tried to solve the problem with the therenamer application,i spent many hours on it but no luck,on the app website forum i could not find a solution ,the author does not see any problem with it.
i hope someone has a solution

Try TVRename instead. I used to use TheRenamer but then found TVRename which does more, is more elegant, provides XBMC NFO files, doesn't depend on Flash and doesn't steal the focus. It also has a TV schedule and downloading built in.