Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add external hard drive folder to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was able to add a folder around 1 month ago, and it scraped all the data and everything. Now, when I click "add source", the external hard drive doesn't even come up! Any ideas?

Also, I installed XBMCFreak's version. This gave me additional options at the "add a source" screen. But now, after switching back to the original version, those options are still there! I'm really confused. :confused2:

Edit: Sorry, I am using the LIVE version, booting off a flash drive. I thought to add a debug log, but I decided since nothing is breaking, it wouldn't be helpful... let me know if it would be!
As I recall the Live version doesn't mount internal hard disks by default. The tweak to make it mount internal hard disks isn't that complicated. Try searching the Linux/Live Specific Support forum.

JR
Oh, its not an internal hard drive, its an external hard drive. The drive is connected via USB. I have to turn on the computer with the external hard drive off, so the computer will boot off the LIVE flash drive. When I am in the "add a source" menu, I do not see my external hard drive.
I have exactly the same problem, I have filled up my Acers internal HD with films and now want to add a removable usb HD that is also filled up with films but there is no option to add source from the files menu??

Really hope there is a fix as it is the only (affordable) way i can add more films!

I have XBMC Live installed to internal HD
Please not my HD is viewable so i presume it mounted but i cant add it to the source list?
I have also removed the token nondiskmount from the boot/grub but still not giving me the opinion to add films to my library.

Surly this is standard/common practice as external usb hds are used for this very task

Please someone HELP! !
Hi all have been trying to find the answer to this hopefully simple question but have so far been unable to get an answer!!

Q:

I have a 350gig USB HD and would like the ability to add the content to my movie library but the only option i get is to remove device the safely! (this HD will be permanent and will not be removed)

I have XBMC Live installed to the hard drive and when the USB HD is connected XBMC recognises it and i can view and play the content but can get it to list in the libraryHuh

I have also edited the file in the boot/bit to remove the nodiskmount token but still same problem!!

Please help otherwise I may get committed to the nut house?
You're not going to like this answer, but this seems intentional. Auto-added sources under Linux get marked such that you can't scan them because you can't "edit" the source to add a scraper.
See answer in other thread, which I'm moving to the Linux forum. The only work around may be to manually add the source to sources.xml.
So my best bet would be to get a NAS caddy that can take a usb HD then it would be usable??

Damn what a shame...really though there would some kind of walk around to this?
Hope it gets added to xbmc in the future Sad
A work around might be to manually add it to sources.xml.
Is it a difficult procedure to add to the sources.xml?
Not at all. It's just a very simple xml schema.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_Sources

You just need to add a <source> tag under the appropriate media section (ie music, video, etc.)
Fix Woooohoooo

Heres how

boot/grub

Removed all instances of 'undiskmount' from the very bottom and voala works hunky dorey......phew!

Now a really happy bunny Big Grin
I think you mean 'nodiskmount' ? That should stop Xbmc Live from automouting local disks. I would have assumed that a USB disk would not be considered a local disk but maybe it can't tell. A follow up question for you is this... without that token, I assume you can now 'add source' and navigate to that mount point?
Pages: 1 2