Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 9.11 only 2 channels via spdif
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for hours and while I find this problem mentioned, I have yet to see a solution.

Live 9.11, spdif digital audio is only transmitting front left and right channels to my receiver. No center, LFE, or rear channels.

Is there a simple solution to this? I cannot seem to find one.

Gigabyte GA EP35-DS3L Intel Motherboard
RealTek ALC888 Audio
XBMC Live 9.11 fresh install

Source file encoded with AAC 6 channel audio

Two channel mixdown turned off
The 9.11 release can't use passthrough for aac, you need to update to an svn release for that.
Okay, I've been struggling with this too.

Running 9.11 Camelot installed on ASROCK ION 330 via XBMC Live.
System runs perfectly except for the AAC audio on mp4 files. I've noticed several other comments throughout the forum and it seems this is fixed in the nightlies.

So my question is this....
When the next version of XMBC is released (how long off is that...3 months, 6 monthsHuh) will this "bug" be fixed, or should I start transcoding the audio from these mp4s? I don't really want to start using the SVN as I am a novice linux user (hence the XBMC Live install) and wouldn't know how to compile it etc.

My thanks go to all who are part of th developing community. XBMC surely is the best thing since sliced bread, and everyone to whom I show my system knows it totally rocks. There will be at east 2 new XBMC users in the coming months Big Grin