Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide Movies and TV Show folder from the Video view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the topic title described, I want to hide all my TV and Movie sources from the Video view. I obviously still want them to show up in TV Shows and Movie screens respectively, but I only want folders that are neither TV nor Movies to show up in the Videos view.

I thought this was possible by the following in advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<video>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>TV</regexp>
<regexp>Movies</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

However it seems to have no effect...
For examples sake, my TV and Movie sources are as follows
D:\Storage\TV
D:\Storage\Movies
we don't filter sources.
Thanks for your short answer. I take it your answer translates to "Sorry but there is no way to do what you want?"

I just found this post,
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hide+movie

But I suspect that deleting the source from sources.xml will stop XBMC from monitoring the folders for new files...
no it won't. remove them using the gui, answer 'no' to the question. they will still be monitored.
Thanks for the help, I just tried that. Deleted source but answered no to removing from the database.

Can confirm that the existing files are still shown under the Movies view.

However, copying a new movie to my movies source folder does not get detected by XBMC.

Have tried closing/reopening a few times (update library on startup is on) and even tried a 'Update Library' from within the Movies view. To no avail Sad

Is this isolated to me or does doing the above work for anyone else?

Edit: Same result if i copy a new TV show into my TV folder