Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Newb] Where are my TV Shows in XBMC (on new 21.5" iMac)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded and installed XBMC on my iMac last night for testing. I was previously using Plex and liked it a lot! So this was a virtual walk-in the park by comparissonSmile

Same thing happened in Plex that happened here. My TV/Movies are stored in seperate folders on an external 1TB HDD. I went to videos, added source for movies, left the default settings for scraping alone and unhid the 'Movies' home screen option.

Did the same for TV Shows. They are all x264 MKV files organized by Show/Season/Episode [files]. After I do the same as I did the movies, everything was there and let the TVDB update all my shows/episodes.

When I returned, the TV Shows option on the home screen was gone, it was greyed out in the skin options not allowing me to change that setting...but even more bizarre, I now have no 'Add Source' choice on any home screen menu for adding new media source. There is an option, I know, to hide that Add Source choice...but it is not checked.

Is this the point at which I uninstall and try again or am I missing something?
First off, to get back to basics, turn off any "Movies" and "TV Shows" options in Confluence settings - you don't need them.

Secondly, push RIGHT off the Videos button on the home screen and go to Files. There's your... files Smile

Lastly, we need to figure out why your tvshows didn't scan in properly. thetvdb.com has been having problems lately so it could be due to that. Turn on debug logging (Settings->System->Debugging) and then go into your video files and "Set Content" on your shows folder, select thetvdb.com and run an automated scan.

Then check the debug log for any issues.

Cheers,
Jonathan