Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] BIG Alaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Amra Wrote:Obviously backup your Viewtype_Fanart.xml first then edit it & search for "Font_Panel" and change all instances to "Font_PosterTitle". That should give you the bigger font like the titles in the Poster Wrap view.

That must be something to do with my xml in the Fanart view as I just tested & it only happens in that view. I'll look into it and post a patch if I can find what I did wrong. Still have a lot to learn. Huh

thank You one more time Smile)) i Clear all of My skin colors (32 skins Wink and they all almost clear that why i need it to have big fonts so they stand out from the fanart.

its so much work to do anything , i cant bilive that You working so hard .

now i just have to find code for a very bright color ...red or green ...i have problem with making very strong yellow color Sad(

thank You one more time , and i will love to put screenshots but dont know how yet ,
HI,

i´ve tried to mod the fanart backdrops in the Big Alaska viewtypes.xml and add the Ken Burns Effect to it. But i can´t find the section, where the fanart-pics are defined... please help.....

greetz muggi
muggi Wrote:HI,

i´ve tried to mod the fanart backdrops in the Big Alaska viewtypes.xml and add the Ken Burns Effect to it. But i can´t find the section, where the fanart-pics are defined... please help.....

greetz muggi
In the beginning of the MyVideoNav.xml file, look for this section about 7 or 8 lines down:

Code:
<control type="largeimage">
            <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
            <fadetime>200</fadetime>
            <texture>$INFO
[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
            <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidefanart) + !Skin.HasSetting(hidePosterfanart)</visible>
        </control>
            <fadetime>200</fadetime>
            <texture>$INFO
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidefanart) + Skin.HasSetting(hidePosterfanart) + !Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
        </control>
[EDIT] If you don't care about hiding only the Poster view (Wrap/Fixed) fanart then you can replace the code above with the original Alaska code before doing your modifications:

Code:
            <fadetime>400</fadetime>
            <texture>$INFO
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidefanart)</visible>
        </control>
@muggi

Also, just in case it will save you from doing your changes twice, I am doing some fixes that affect the MyVideoNav.xml file as well as others. I hope to post it tomorrow.
It works fine.... it look´s good... maybe an option for your (Amra´s) next releaseHuh
Maybe with configurable (on/off)

here my MyVideoNav.xml:

Code:
            <fadetime>200</fadetime>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="15000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="7000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="rotate" center="360,640" start="-2" end="2" time="11000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidefanart) + !Skin.HasSetting(hidePosterfanart)</visible>
        </control>
            <fadetime>200</fadetime>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="15000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="7000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="rotate" center="360,640" start="-2" end="2" time="11000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidefanart) + Skin.HasSetting(hidePosterfanart) + !Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
        </control>

The Ken Burns Effect was stolen from another post..... maybe with a bit bad code....

but works

greetz muggi
First off, I love this mod. Renders great on my TV.

However I am unable to go into the Alaska settings (bottom right icon). All other menus work well, but when trying to go into Alaska's settings, just nothing happens...

Any idea?

EDIT: Actually it does the same for all skins! WTF?

EDIT 2: I reinstalled an earlier build of XMBC and it now works fine.
An updated version is linked in Post#1. Here are the changes which include some bug fixes & Option changes:

- Fixed Fanart & Panel views returning to beginning of list after watching a video
- Fixed info screen images (Posters & Fanart) not changing when doing actor search & selecting different movie
- Fixed banner.jpg images not always showing (Thanks mcborzu)
- Fixed Set fanart not showing when using Landscape view with Extrathumbs option on
- Removed a couple BIG Alaska options for views and made the viewtypes part of normal menu selection
- Removed "option" to use jpg images. This is now required for various viewtypes to display properly (See instructions/explanation in post#1)

- Increased icon size in Panel Wide view (Formerly showed 16 small panels, now shows 9 larger panels with 16:9 aspect)
- Tweaked TV Fanart View for Seasons
- Added a new color theme (Green Mosaic)
- Added/fixed a few studio logos
- Added Movie Set flag

I've been using this version all evening & am pretty happy with it. I don't plan on making any more changes (unless it's to fix a showstopping bug) until after XBMC 10.5 is released. That looks like it will require Alaska to be updated by Hitcher & then I will obviously incorporate those changes.

Enjoy.
GREAT JOB..... AMRA...... hope you´ll mod the 10.5 Alaska also.....

greetz muggi
muggi Wrote:GREAT JOB..... AMRA...... hope you´ll mod the 10.5 Alaska also.....
Thanks & that's the plan.
Gotta try this one.

I deeply thank you even before trying this... just for your effort.
I'll come back to share my opinions Smile
Hi Amra. I had to change posy from 670 to 650 in DialogSeekbar.xml, in the Movies section for < control type = "label">, as the text for Director, etc... was not properly aligned with the background.

--JM
Hi there!

Firstly big credit for the skin!! it something i've been looking for for a while now... Smile

I've been setting it up with no problems Smile but i'm having some trouble with the remote functions, i use a generic MCE remote. and am having difficulty getting to the playlist? the only way i can figure it is to right click on a file and select 'now playing'... but obviously this is not ideal Sad this skin is beautiful and easy to use with the remote, so is there already a button i can't find, what is it? or if i have to map a button where do i map it too?

also... i was having trouble when leaving a playing video to cruise other files, it still appears in the bottom right corner.. but how do i get back to it? i tried going to the playlist by the method above but it started the video from the beginning again...

thinking about this i'm not wholly sure its a skin issue? more configuration on my part!

and a big thanx!! again for all the hard work putting this together Smile
This seems like a stupid question to me but im not quite sure I understand the whole landscape image thing. Im looking at the tvdb and i see banners, posters and fanart. Is the fanart the landscape image? Or is there something im missing completely about this.
The landscape thumbs was aeon specific. You can find plenty on xbmcstuff.com
gobbledigook Wrote:Hi there!

Firstly big credit for the skin!! it something i've been looking for for a while now... Smile

I've been setting it up with no problems Smile but i'm having some trouble with the remote functions, i use a generic MCE remote. and am having difficulty getting to the playlist? the only way i can figure it is to right click on a file and select 'now playing'... but obviously this is not ideal Sad this skin is beautiful and easy to use with the remote, so is there already a button i can't find, what is it? or if i have to map a button where do i map it too?

also... i was having trouble when leaving a playing video to cruise other files, it still appears in the bottom right corner.. but how do i get back to it? i tried going to the playlist by the method above but it started the video from the beginning again...

thinking about this i'm not wholly sure its a skin issue? more configuration on my part!

and a big thanx!! again for all the hard work putting this together Smile
I always use an external player (VLC which works well with my old ATI video card) so I've never used the playlist or been able to use the resume features of XBMC so I'm afraid I'm not much help to you with either issue, sorry. Huh The only thing I could suggest would be to try what you want to to in the Confluence skin to see if it is an XBMC configuration thing or something to do expressly with Alaska.

Perhaps someone else may be able to help?

hermy65 Wrote:This seems like a stupid question to me but im not quite sure I understand the whole landscape image thing. Im looking at the tvdb and i see banners, posters and fanart. Is the fanart the landscape image? Or is there something im missing completely about this.

TVDB won't have anything saying "Landscape" but you can just use the Fanart images. I tend to look for a show's fanart that has the logo/name on it & use that for the Landscape.jpg files. If you feel that using the large fanart images are slowing XBMC down then I would try resizing the landscape.jpg images to 640x360 and that may speed things up without too much loss in detail for where they are used in the skin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24