Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] BIG Alaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Avigrace Wrote:I personally think those ones are much nicer than the traditional cases.
That's what I thought at first but after using the cases made by Dr Stranger and used by Ronie in Transparency, I'm not so sure. I think I like the screenshot below better now.

And here they are in a darker theme (Green Mosaic).
its awesome , but only if in Funart mod Wink....just joking , but i only use Your Funart mod , so if the cases will be there - absolutly super cool )))
Amra,
The screens look nice. Please have a 'frameless' option for those of us that prefer no frames. These days the distro method does not interest me and I personally feel the frames take away from the overall style of the skin.

btw... you do a great job. I use your skin by default now.
Livin Wrote:Amra,
The screens look nice. Please have a 'frameless' option for those of us that prefer no frames. These days the distro method does not interest me and I personally feel the frames take away from the overall style of the skin.

btw... you do a great job. I use your skin by default now.
Thanks & the movie cases will be optional with the default being off.
First of all, thanks so much to Hitcher and Arma for the great work you've both done!!!

I have 3 questions...

1. In the movie library, I'm using landscape view and I have a couple of movie sets. Is there any way to set the movie set image in landscape view? I see the context menu option to specify a movie set image, but that only changes the cover.

2. In the TV library, I am easily able to specify the banner image (under Alaska it was folder.jpg, and in Big Alaska it is banner.jpg (not sure why the difference, but no matter)). It looks like there are 2 other images that I'm missing / not utilizing: the cover/poster (the big image in banner mixed mode), and the fanart (in fanart and fanart banner mode). What should the file names be for those 2 image types? (FYI -- I prefer to have xbmc use my pre-scraped images rather than having to manually set the image inside xbmc.)

3. In TV mode, I see "Episodes = N" and "Unwatched = N". Is there any way to turn that off?

Thanks in advance!
eweber1969 Wrote:1. In the movie library, I'm using landscape view and I have a couple of movie sets. Is there any way to set the movie set image in landscape view? I see the context menu option to specify a movie set image, but that only changes the cover.
Sorry, XBMC currently only allows you to change the cover (Poster) for a movie set. I think there has been talk of allowing the fanart to be changed also but I'm not sure of the status of that.

eweber1969 Wrote:2. In the TV library, I am easily able to specify the banner image (under Alaska it was folder.jpg, and in Big Alaska it is banner.jpg (not sure why the difference, but no matter)). It looks like there are 2 other images that I'm missing / not utilizing: the cover/poster (the big image in banner mixed mode), and the fanart (in fanart and fanart banner mode). What should the file names be for those 2 image types? (FYI -- I prefer to have xbmc use my pre-scraped images rather than having to manually set the image inside xbmc.)
From Post#1:
"*This mod uses multiple TV Show image types (Poster, Banner & Landscape) at the same time. The following steps are necessary for BIG Alaska to work properly:

- Set your TV Show scraper to download Posters by default
- Download & save individual banner.jpg & landscape.jpg images to each TV Show folder (TheTVDB.com is a good source).
"

This was done so that the user could have different TV show graphics at the same time instead of having to choose between just Poster & Banner and then having to rescrape all shows again just to change from a poster view to a banner view.

Basically, as long as you set XBMC to use posters when scraping and then have the "banner.jpg" and "landscape.jpg" files in your tvshow's main folder you should be okay. If you set the xbmc scrapers to poster then you will not need to save a jpg file for poster, instead XBMC will have that graphic in its database already.

On a side note, I usually download a Fanart image from TVDB for my Landscape.jpg file and then resize it to 640x360. That helps keep the landscape views snappy and still looks good.

eweber1969 Wrote:3. In TV mode, I see "Episodes = N" and "Unwatched = N". Is there any way to turn that off?
There isn't any built in option for BIG Alaska to do that (I may add an option for the next version now since someone has brought it up) but if you really don't like it you would have to edit the xml file for the view you are using.

For instance, if you want to remove that info from the Landscape view you will want to edit (back it up first) "Viewtype_Landscape.xml" and search for "unwatched". That should take you directly to a section of code that should look like this"
Code:
<control type="label">
                    <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
                    <posx>602</posx>
                    <posy>295</posy>
                    <width>290</width>
                    <height>24</height>
                    <font>Font_LandScapeTVShow</font>
                    <textcolor>LandscapeTitle</textcolor>
                    <label>[b]$INFO
[ListItem.Episode] $LOCALIZE[20360][/b]</label>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
                    <posx>602</posx>
                    <posy>322</posy>
                    <width>290</width>
                    <height>24</height>
                    <font>Font_LandScapeTVShow</font>
                    <textcolor>LandscapeTitle</textcolor>
                    <label>[b]$INFO
[ListItem.Property(UnwatchedEpisodes)] $LOCALIZE[16101][/b]</label>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)</visible>
                </control>
The first section displays the number of Episodes & the 2nd section displays the Unwatched number. In this instance, just delete the code above and then the Landscape view will not show that info any more.

Be aware that different views may be coded differently. All in all though, if you aren't comfortable editing the XBMC xml you may want to wait for the next version of BIG Alaska (probably in a couple weeks, or sooner) as I may add an option to disable this info. I don't think it will be that hard.
Hello Amra , i have Ember to scan my movies and i see that the codecs have You know:
hddts or dolby true hd flags , but when i use Your mood they not there , only if i use Your classic look for codecs , is there any way to have the HD sound flags for the non animation version of Your mod ?
Darkcloud28 Wrote:Hello Amra , i have Ember to scan my movies and i see that the codecs have You know:
hddts or dolby true hd flags , but when i use Your mood they not there , only if i use Your classic look for codecs , is there any way to have the HD sound flags for the non animation version of Your mod ?
It's just a matter of creating an image for those codecs but I need to know what text is listed in the nfo file for the video in question.

For example, below the video codec text below would be "h264" and the audio codec text is"aac". Can you help me by looking at the nfo file on your computer & letting me know? Is the text just "hddts" or is it something else? And is THIS the codec you are talking about or is THIS a better logo? Thanks.

Code:
<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>2.353000</aspect>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>544</height>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>aac</codec>
                <language></language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
hey Smile))! yes that the codec from You link its DTSMA or DTS HD , ma its master audio.

and if You can also point me to where to add the dolby true hd , becose its only shows as 5.1 when i have dolby true hd , and when its regular ac3 dolby codec it shows the real codec dolby 5.1 with is good
its just that most of my movies 70% its blu-ray files , so it will be so nice to see the real codecs
wow , nooo, when i have dolby true hd in the file , its shows on alaska as dolby digital 5.1 Sad( but in ember its ac3-not dolby digital .
its all bad Wink i think its XBMC bug , becose let say : DISTRICT 9 have the first 2 audio codecs DTSHD and the rest 5 codecs are dolby 5.1 its only shows in XBMC (not just Alaska )- dolby 5.1 , but Ember is showing the corect flag DTSHD... but if the movie have only DTSHD , no other audio codecs then its showing that flag DTSHD ...taa daaa Tongue
@Darkcloud28

Try copying the image below to your BIG Alaska\media\flags\AudioCodec Folder.

Please note that the reason I asked for the exact text that your movie's nfo file listed as an audio codec was because that is what the PNG file needs to be named. So if your nfo is not referencing "hddts" then the image above will not work, it will need to be renamed.

[EDIT] You may also want to resave it to the exact same folder again as "dtshd.png" to see if that works.
Amra Wrote:@Darkcloud28

Try copying the image below to your BIG Alaska\media\flags\AudioCodec Folder.

Please note that the reason I asked for the exact text that your movie's nfo file listed as an audio codec was because that is what the PNG file needs to be named. So if your nfo is not referencing "hddts" then the image above will not work, it will need to be renamed.

[EDIT] You may also want to resave it to the exact same folder again as "dtshd.png" to see if that works.

Thank You one more time a big thank You for Your time , yes i always add the stuff to external drive to safe .
no w, so i can also do this with Dolby true HD ? i can find and add png to folder and rename the file if i need it ?
cant wait for Your new editon !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24