Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How the hell can i do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

this is about ready to set me on a path of self destruction.... arghhhhh. how come with such a lovely tool as xbmc i have had to endure such pain and i am still no closer to accomplishing what appears to be a normal thing for most of you.

you see.. all i want out of my xbox is to place one in each room of my house and connect to my network with it to watch movies stored on a central server. i have tried a tv out card on a machine with extremely high spec.. it was arsecake so i went to gateway and bought an ethernet based dvd player.. more arsecake (bandwidth limitations by the 16bit pcmcia slot) so now the xbox is the next contender... but (and i know there are going to be a lot of flames for this..) how the fu*%!^g hell do i do thisHuh yes yes yes.. i know .. manuals are online here and xbmc says they ain't gonna provide binaries here but in order for you to enjoy the benefits of what looks like a really nice thing you have to lose all your hair.. bleed from your eyeball sockets and spend an eternity on the web looking for the answers ..

i am not a gamer mostly because i realised early on in my life with computers that i would get sucked in to playing through till the wee hours and being a person who lacks sufficient self control to just put it down and go to bed i have stayed well clear.. now xbmc gave me a very good reason to go out and buy an xbox, which i would normally never have done.. then bought the dvd remote, a memory thingamy bob, a hdtv cable and finally an xecture3 mod chip.. so now after getting all that stuff going and finally doing the mod chip i am ready to do the final part which is xbmc... but evry leaf i have turned over is blank and every leaf i find leads to another ten leaves and now i have more damn leaves than an cleptomanic aborist in the amazon.. for gods sake :bomb: please please please somebody help explain this... how does one actualy get to a point where they can use the instructions in the manual?? cos right now i can't...
and the problem is whatHuh?
i think... but am not sure.. that he is asking for a download which he can't ask for. so he doesn't right. Wink

if this is the case, have you ever heard of emule? go fetch boy...

cheers, nogood
this is going out of my way to help you dear sir, dont ask for further instructions

where's most (if not all) xbox apps announced?
maybe that place also have tutorials on where to find those xbox apps?
hmmmm.. thats a cryptic one. well like i said this is a first time for me and i am not a gamer so i really would not have much of a clue about where apps are announced. i think i am being a thick twat here and i keep looking between the lines for the magic and since i am not allowed to ask for further instructions then i shall not..

i know the donkey did not work though cos i don't think i got the right food for it.. i sent the boy to fetch but it seems he is speaking french at the gates guarded by cerberus.

please be advised that i am not asking for :help: but of late i am keeping a very close eye on my pm's

you lovely lovely people :-)
well it seems that a little nudge from another direction has greatly improved my chances of success.  whilst i appreciate the sensitivity of telling people where to get the stuff it is also extremely time consuming for those of us who are entirely on unfamiliar territory.. i will make no attempt to break the silence that so many hold and whilst i am hoping that the answer to the question that i did not ask has been answered.. i am going to move forth and try to search for the answer to a question that has now arisen since moving on from this problem that i started in this thread hopefully this time i can ask which should hopefully be entirely legal and i will not have to search in between the lines no more  :nuts:

so i bid farewell to you in this post and i may well see you in others.. many thanks to all of you for not helping  Wink especially the whisperer who remained silent in thread but so loud and clear in a personal kinda messegy kinda way..

oh and one more thing b4 i leave.. should anybody else come across this problem that i did not have with getting myself compiled ooops i mean composed and they read this little thread then personal kinda messagy thingamy bobs are only a click away and i assure you that i will not point you down the path that i have since thus followed  Wink

wow ... and not a single flame.. you guys/gals are truly great Smile

thanks bunches