Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TheTVDB.com stability news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we have a sticky in the fanart forum, but our site is more than just artwork and I fear people would miss this if posted in there. If the mods want to merge it, feel free. Smile

Many of you have noticed recent stability issues with our site. I've posted information on our forums about this:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3319

Please note that when you're having issues with scraping and our site seems to be the culprit, our forums are the best place to post. The devs here will probably just refer you over to our forums anyway for those types of problems. Also, take this opportunity to look at ways you can help... I'd strongly recommend a donation to XBMC if you haven't done so in the past. Even if it's just a couple bucks, it all adds up for projects like this.
If its suitable to ask here, rather than on your forum (as I haven't been on your forum), what causes the (sad to say) sometimes regular stability issues, and what would help? (Funding towards a new server etc?)

I think if you could identify the issue, and a target to fix it, there may be more support or funding incentive from many members here, and other sites, as I'm sure most of us use tvdb.com for our TV show scraping.

Just a thought anyway, no offence intended as I think the tvdb is a great resource.
thetvdb still seems to be a lil bit slow...
Hope things are going well, I just loaded up theTVdb.com and it loaded lightening quick. That was the first time in like 3 weeks it wasn't sluggish to load the page.

**EDIT**

Just went to Chuck>the Fanart for Chuck...WOW, all 42 fanarts loaded instantly, no lag at all!!
t2ffn Wrote:If its suitable to ask here, rather than on your forum (as I haven't been on your forum), what causes the (sad to say) sometimes regular stability issues, and what would help? (Funding towards a new server etc?)

Did you read the link I posted? I address that all in there.

ubuntuf4n Wrote:thetvdb still seems to be a lil bit slow...

Loading lightning fast for me right now, and has been all day long (I've been reloading the site approximately hourly to monitor it). Are you doing something specific on the site other than loading the home page and series/episode pages?
szsori Wrote:Did you read the link I posted? I address that all in there.

Loading lightning fast for me right now, and has been all day long (I've been reloading the site approximately hourly to monitor it). Are you doing something specific on the site other than loading the home page and series/episode pages?

Ok my bandwidth was down, I tried it again,
NOW its fast as lightning, Damn good work !!! Big Grin
Many thanks for your work on this great resource! Nod