Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Stutter problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Currently running svn 28917, but have tried many other builds. AMD Athlon II Quad Core processor, 4GBs memory, integrated graphics (ATI 4200 I believe).

I'm having this problem where certain (very few) MKV files have a very slight stutter every 20 seconds or so. All the files that have had the problem have been 1080p MKVs. The kicker is I just tried the last "official stable" version of XBMC (Camelot) and the stutter problem is gone. But every svn I've tried has the stutter problem. I would be okay just sticking with the Camelot version, but half of my remote buttons don't work with it. I've only noticed the problem on like 5 movies (out of 100+, but I haven't tried them all). Two examples are 'Kill Bill Vol.1' and 'The Wrestler'. I am streaming the files from an unRAID server (all gigabit wired). I've tried the dx build, GL, Directx and even the DSPlayer one all with the same result. I even tried installing a separate video card (Radeon HD5450) with no success.

Any ideas/advice?