Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: After running ‘apt-get upgrade’ getting ‘hardware OpenGL rendering error’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I am trying to install XBMC-Live on AsRock 330HT. Everything was fine until I ran below command.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

The reason I ran these commands was to upgrade the system to configure wireless N to get the stable connection.
My wireless connection was very fragile. When ever I tried to view an 4GB MKV files from my network, the movie my freezes and give the message – Connection is lost.

It looks like the above command messed up the Nvidia driver, so I downloaded Linux version from Nvindia website.
I am new to Linux, so kindly let me know the steps and commands to install the driver from USB stick.

Thanks,
Code:
sudo service xbmc-live stop
sudo sh /path/to/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.08-pkg1.run
sudo reboot
JumJum Wrote:
Code:
sudo sh /path/to/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.08-pkg1.run
sudo reboot

Thanks JumJum for your reply.
Do I have to copy the driver in USB stick to make the commands work?

Thanks,
mgoyalcan Wrote:Thanks JumJum for your reply.
Do I have to copy the driver in USB stick to make the commands work?

Thanks,

No, you can place it anywhere you have access to. Just change the "/path/to/" part to the path of the file.
Hi JumJum,

Sorry for bothering you. I am very new to Linux and did not understand when you are saying changing "/path/to/".

Is it possible to give me command for USB stick as it is the easiest way for me.

Thanks again.
the /path/to is just where the driver is located.

so if you are trying to install it from your usb drive, you would need to know where your usb drive is mounted.

Code:
sudo fdisk -l

will tell you where the stick is mounted to.

alternatively, you could just download the driver somewhere locally on your system in some folder bc everytime you upgrade your kernel or anything like that, you are going to have to reinstall the driver.
mgoyalcan Wrote:Hi JumJum,

Sorry for bothering you. I am very new to Linux and did not understand when you are saying changing "/path/to/".

Is it possible to give me command for USB stick as it is the easiest way for me.

Thanks again.

It's not possible since it depends on your setup.

If you have a working internet connection on XBMC-Live, you can use these commands to download and install the driver:
Code:
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/195.36.15/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.15-pkg1.run
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.15-pkg1.run
sudo reboot
Thanks JumJum & pyite for your guidance and help.

I will surely try the internet way.

Thanks,