Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video plays in half of the screen when DXVA rendering is activated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm a newbie and has installed xbmc r8256-trunk on my zotac nvidia ion system (intel atom 330, 1.6Ghz, 2G RAM, 32bit Win7).
Due to some of my mkv movies are stuttering during playback, i switched video rendering using dxva. But the problem is the video fills only half the screen (left-half of the screen). Any idea how to fix this?
I would very much appreciate your help.

Btw, no stuttering during video playback when dxva is activated.
Use this version

Your problem will likely disappear.
Thanks for the reply, Magnolia7.
Did installed that version but still I have the same problem. I've also reinstalled the nvidia ion driver from the nvidia website following my hardware/software setup but the prob is still there.
I have a fresh installation (from scratch) of Win7 Ultimate on my zotac nvidia ion system with AVG antivirus software and MS Office.
Here's a screen capture of the video when DXVA rendering is enabled. Disabled, the video stutters but in full screen.

My problem is same as Mallet21's:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69306&page=13
Anybody experienced this and had the fix? Appreciate ur help.
You would be better off posting this in the windows support section, together with debug logs etc.

There are already a number of threads about similar probs