Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] Web server problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have some problems to connect from LAN to the XBMC's web server on port 81.
After running a < netstat -tpl | grep xbmc > command, I remark that xbmc's web server use tcp6 instead of tcp. It's normal ? If not, I will report the bug.

Config : Asus P5E-VM HDMI - Core 2 Duo - 1Go RAM - Debian Squeeze

# netstat -tpl | grep xbmc
tcp 0 0 *:51132 *:* LISTEN 31461/xbmc.bin
tcp 0 0 *:9090 *:* LISTEN 31461/xbmc.bin
tcp 0 0 *:53264 *:* LISTEN 31461/xbmc.bin
tcp6 0 0 [::]:81 [::]:* LISTEN 31461/xbmc.bin

PS: I have an apache server on port 80 and 8080.

Edit: SVN trunk release of yesterday morning (don't remember the rev)
It tries IPv6 by default first
There is a way to force or work around this ?
Why? the OS should reroute the traffic to IPv4 if needed afaik?

EDIT: Can add a configure for it ofc. just interested Smile
It's not automatic, sadly Confused or I misconfigure it. I'm not a network expert so if someone know how to redirect ipv6 to ipv4 on debian (ubuntu) or to disable, I will be a happy guy Smile

Thx topfs2 for your response
After some research in my case it's very hard to disable ipv6 or to map ipv6 to ipv4. So a config with the choice of ipv4 or ipv6 will be nice Wink

top2fs : Do you want a feature ticket or not needed ?
Please do a ticket, I'm still puzzled that its not automagic, its perfectly fine on ubuntu for me (no ipv6 here at all)
Rereading your posts and I noted you said you run ubuntu. I'm using ubuntu and it works fine, it should be perfectly alright binding to ipv6 and get the webinterface over ipv4.

Also, do NOT run xbmc as root, thats just asking for trouble.

Please try to access the webinterface on the same computer in your browser, then try on the same network, I'm sure it should work.
I am not under Ubuntu :S My debian (Ubuntu) was ambiguous.

So, I'm under Debian Smile I try to not run xbmc under root account but nothing change. My ethernet driver compiled by hand (motherboard integrated). I don't have a ipv6 module loaded but my ethernet interface have an ipv6 address.
I think the problem come from here.

And I have no window manager on this pc (no kde, gnome, xfce...). It's a server which are sometimes a media center. My test was on Lan.
Hi - i have the same problem on sidux and current pvr-testing2 build.

Every service is listening on tcp4, only the webserver from xbmc is listening on tcp6.

How can ich forward ipv4 to ipv6 in debian? I didn't find a good documentation.
Or why is the webserver not listening on both protocols like pure-ftpd.
Or where can i configure the tcpip protocol for the webserver?

Somebody can help me please?
And by the way thank you for the great work in the xbmc and also vdr project!

edbq
It s a server side problem. From my memory, (i didn t have my server config under my eyes) it s a config binding for ipv6. I will give more details tomorrow.

But, it s a workaround and on some network it failed.
Ok, more details :Smile:

See if you have : /etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf
If yes, change, inside, value of variable net.ipv6.bindv6only from 1 to 0.
There is some comments to explain in this file.

I hope that will be helpful.

@top2fs :

Normally, Ipv4 and Ipv6 can be completly separated on the same network so auto config on ipv6 isn't always practice.
thx Abelgar - the setting solved the problem.