Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live- Acer Revo 3610-: wireless network Ralink 3090
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mexicanking14 Wrote:The network card that I linked was the cheapest PCIe mini network card which had dual band wireless n capabilities. There are various other PCIe available but I went for it as it had 2 antenna pins and was cheap, no other reasons.

To upgrade what I use is sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get upgrade. And u can update to the latest package available. I had a problem when I updated - after I reboot it said that I have to install a graphics card driver. For some reasons I could not use the GUI inteface. Thats how I ended up getting the latest graphics driver. I would upgrade only if I knew to install a latest driver using wget, unpacking it and to install. To be frank it is very easy. The first month I had trouble configuring xbmc on revo as I didnt know anything on linux but GOOGLE gave me all the answers.....

I have a query- do us use windows as dual boot on revo. If so is there a delay to boot up and r u able to play 1080p videos.

I don't use windows 7 as a dual boot. I believe I had xbmc wipe out the whole harddrive. As far as 1080p goes I am unable to connect to my FTP server even with it plugged into the router, so I can't access any of my 1080p videos. Could you please explain the process of upgrading xbmc and the graphics drivers a little more in detail, or send me the links you learn how to do this?
Thanks
Mexicanking14 Wrote:I have 3 suggestions-
First use the link that I had used- make sure u check ur spaces- and u wont have any problem.
Or use wget and download the driver and install it directly, I have used wget to download even latest 256.35 nvidia drivers. Here is the link for the ralink driver
http://www.ralinktech.com/download.php?t...l1ZEdGeUM=

Next suggestion u may not like it- get a new pcie mini network card- I bought one for my acer revo Intel wifi 5100- it works on 5gHz and can connect upto 300Mbps in windows- it costed me approx Euros 9 including shipping. And u dont need to install a driver- its already available on the xbmc package. I was not very happy with the ralink as the max connection in windows was 65Mbps and could not stream 1080P videos in xbmc. But since I have the new network card, has no problem at all.

Hi I finally received and installed the pcie mini network card into my Revo. The Revo is still unable to connect and find a ip address. The network card should work right out of the box right. Also what wire is suppose to connect to the Aux and Main pins?
Pages: 1 2