Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Burning audio CDs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to convert and burn an audio cd through xbmc, a plugin or script perhaps.
I thought this would be standard for all media players etc
That features appears quite standard to me too.

I've seen quite a few posts about this on the forum but none got answered and it seems the feature hasn't yet been implemented.

Anyone knows a workaround ? Should we create a plugin on our own ? Is this planned for future versions ?
What is this CD you speak off?

On a more serious note, I don't think any dev seriously use opticals, not saying a patch wouldn't get accepted but I doubt any dev would go out and implement said feature Smile

I'd guess an addon might be better suited for this, up to the implementor tbh.

Patches welcomed.

/Tobias
If there's no other solution, I may try to cook an add-on, but I'm not sure you're taking the problem from the right angle. From where I see it, software is made for the users by the developers, it's not made only by developers for developers. The devs might not use opticals anymore, but a lot of users still do (my parents for example for whom I just built an HTPC with XBMC).

Anyway, I'll try to see what I can do and I'll come back here to share whatever I succeeded (or not) to do.
leobaillard Wrote:If there's no other solution, I may try to cook an add-on, but I'm not sure you're taking the problem from the right angle. From where I see it, software is made for the users by the developers, it's not made only by developers for developers. The devs might not use opticals anymore, but a lot of users still do (my parents for example for whom I just built an HTPC with XBMC).

Anyway, I'll try to see what I can do and I'll come back here to share whatever I succeeded (or not) to do.

Its floss, we don't get payed to do the development. If we did then yes that argument may make sense, but as it is you get a free software developed by people who do it for free, you really don't get to "demand" anything Smile. So devs just add what they want for ourself.

So, if you want it you have to do it yourself (or convice a dev to do it, which is why I said you might not be able to do). Its not a for sure thing, just saying what you need to do to make it happen.
someone was talking about making a DVD burning add-on. Find that thread any check for progress.
Yes, I'm very much aware of the Free Software philosophy as I'm a member of several associations related to the movement. I think we are saying the same thing, we just have different approches. As a dev, I tend to integrate as much features as I can to help the community and those who cannot code.
Free software developers have to be altruistic and can not always count on themselves. The community is also here to make the software better either with its skills or its advice.

I'll keep you posted on my progress ! Smile Have to get into XBMC code...