Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI ouptut is Green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having the following problem. The HDMI output of my system is green. I am connecting the HDMI out of a ASUS P5Q-EM MB to the HDMI input on a Samsung HLS5087 DLP display. When I boot the system the post screens are ok, it is when XBMC starts that I get the green cast over the picture. The output also seems to be limited to 1280x720. Using the VGA out the display is normal.

I originally set this system up using Win7 to verify that the hardware worked. All was good with this setup.

Asus P5Q-EM
Intel Pentium dual-core E5200
2GB RAM

XBMC Live 9.11 installed to local drive.

Thanks.

Gary
ttt
most likely update your Video card drivers. or do you know if that HDMi cord you are using works fro anything else in 1080p. What you describe can sometimes happen with a cheap HDMi cord over 6 ft. they will do HD, but sometimes cant handle huge bandwidths, cheap HDMI can be used but only in short lengths. Just for hell of it put it in a different HDMi port on your TV. I have seen it happen more than once, that it wont work in one, but works in another port.
Thanks for the input.

I get the same results with 2 different HDMI cables, swapping them between the 2 HDMI ports and my cable box.

During POST the screen is good. When XBMC loads is the point where the screen goes green.

Thanks

Gary