Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaPortalX skin (aka MCE) updated KAI features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(pin87a @ dec. 12 2004,19:16 Wrote:
(digitalfodder @ dec. 12 2004,18:24 Wrote:does it work from the xbmc skin changes from sometime in december and have you added skins version?
yes.
it is fully compatible with the xbmc cvs from december 11th (yesterday).

for the most part the version on xbox-skins.net is always up to date with the current cvs.
fantastic, i love your skin. keep up the great work!
i forgot to add, are you going to support hdtv for this skin anytime in the future?
is it still compatible with current cvs?
ot - where can i get them emulator icons in the screenshots, ive looked everywhere but cant find any that good
(striker @ dec. 25 2004,14:29 Wrote:is it still compatible with current cvs?

yes.

(ren @ dec. 28 2004,12:48 Wrote:ot - where can i get them emulator icons in the screenshots, ive looked everywhere but cant find any that good

http://www.xbox-skins.net/index.php?download=1353
pin87a,

this skin keeps getting better. just grabbed latest version and am running it with a 12/26 build. wow! thanks so much for updating this skin -- it's my favorite. :bowdown:
without a doubt, this is the classiest skin for xbmc. two questions though;

i upgraded to the latest cvs (01/15), and downloaded the mediaportalx skin. i've used this skin with v1.1.0 with great success. however with the 01-15 version, i don't get any pictures at the main screen (ie. videos, pictures, programs), and is there any way to disable the button scroll? i liked the old way better.
doh
(hpx @ jan. 18 2005,04:02 Wrote:i upgraded to the latest cvs (01/15), and downloaded the mediaportalx skin. i've used this skin with v1.1.0 with great success. however with the 01-15 version, i don't get any pictures at the main screen (ie. videos, pictures, programs), and is there any way to disable the button scroll? i liked the old way better.
i intentionally removed the popup images because with them there is was very difficult to customize the scrolling menu without adding images for the new icons as well.

those images are still in the skin though so taking the ntsc/home.xml file from the 1.1.0 version and replacing the new one should get things back the way it was prior to the scrolling menu.
thanks! that was just what i was looking for. another stupid question; how can i add a 'scripts' button to the home.xml using the 1.1.0 layout?
hi pin87a - are you still around ?, any plans for this skin ?
id hate to loose it now everythig has moved to 1.3 Confused
unfourtunately i have been really busy lately so i haven't been able to keep the skin updated. updating the skin so it is completely 1.3 compatible is going to take a lot of work and i don't know if/when i will have the time to do it.

if anyone is interested in taking over the maintenance of this skin let me know (or talk to gamester to get access to the xbmc skinning project cvs). otherwise it will probably end up in the xbmc skin graveyard with the rest of the outdated skins. Sad
ive seen a couple of skins like the bluetwo (i think its a port) by hades - although i still really like the simplicity of the original mediaportalx..

hope this skin doesnt die !! - anyone out there who can help update ? (had a go myself - it was rubbish!Wink
yeah its to bad there isnt any updates coming for the skin, really would like it.
i hope this isnt dead, its a great skin, ther best looking one in my opinion. its simplicity is great also, is this still being worked on :p
Pages: 1 2 3