Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaPortalX skin (aka MCE) updated KAI features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the other day i updated the mediaportalx skin to support the new xlink kai features.
since i'm not much of a gamer i really don't have a way to properly test all of the features.

i would appreciate it if some kai users could run through all of the features and stuff and let me know if there are any issues.

download:
http://www.xbox-skins.net/index.php?download=2072

thanks in advance.
i am going to look into the kai features today but i did notice another bug, the shutdown button does not work on the 11-11 version. i did remove the data directories on e: but that did not slve the issue.
well to test kai features is bettwer to use the 15-11 cvs, because they fixed and added some stuff for that.
maybe i'll test your skin tonight and i'll let you know.
(bassieman @ nov. 15 2004,11:18 Wrote:i am going to look into the kai features today but i did notice another bug, the shutdown button does not work on the 11-11 version. i did remove the data directories on e: but that did not slve the issue.

i believe that was a bug in xbmc that has since been fixed.
the shutdown button appears to work fine using the current cvs?

(kotix @ nov. 15 2004,14:47 Wrote:well to test kai features is bettwer to use the 15-11 cvs, because they fixed and added some stuff for that.
maybe i'll test your skin tonight and i'll let you know.

thank you. i would really appreciate the help.
i will be checking in the rest of the kai updates into the xbmc skinning project cvs in a little bit.
i'm sorry to tell you that the kai server is down until 23:00 of my time. so i'll check it tomorrow maybe.
cheers.
i've tested it anyway and i beleive that many of the strings has changed in the the latest cvs, everything is messed up.
no strings on buttons and many "xbox media center cvs 1.1"
all over the screen.
my skin isn't working good too, better to check out the new mybuddies.xml
(kotix @ nov. 15 2004,18:47 Wrote:i've tested it anyway and i beleive that many of the strings has changed in the the latest cvs, everything is messed up.
no strings on buttons and many "xbox media center cvs 1.1"
all over the screen.
my skin isn't working good too, better to check out the new mybuddies.xml
thanks. i appreciate it.

yeah, all of the control ids on the mybuddies page were changed the other day so it totally broke kai support in skins that haven't been updated yet.
i had kai working after the first set of kai updates, but the recent changes broke it again. :p

i updated the skin in the xbmc skinning project cvs today and i will post another updated version to xbox-skins.net tonight.
are you going to add button scroll?
updated version with working kai support and the buttonscroller on the home screen:

thanks for keeping it up to date
looking good! hope you can keep up with the updates cause this is the only skin i want to use.
hi, being a huge fan of this skin on mediaportal i am a little thrown by the version for xbmc as on my machine the colours just dont look right, is there something that should be changed for a pal tv? the background appears much lighter and washed out, and same for the green selector button menu thingy?? it does not appear to be a problem with the tv as all the other skins look as they do in screenshots, yours looks much darker in the screenshots?? any ideasHuh

nice work by the way!!
bump for more help?

i finally had a chance to get all of the kai stuff up to date (i think).
i would appreciate it if some kai users could run through all of the features and let me know if there are any issues.
thanks.

download:
does it work from the xbmc skin changes from sometime in december and have you added skins version?
(digitalfodder @ dec. 12 2004,18:24 Wrote:does it work from the xbmc skin changes from sometime in december and have you added skins version?
yes.
it is fully compatible with the xbmc cvs from december 11th (yesterday).

for the most part the version on xbox-skins.net is always up to date with the current cvs.
Pages: 1 2 3