Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Movies are not shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

these are my very first steps with XBMC and I run into this problem right from the start.
I burnt the latest Live version and booted my PC with it choosing the ATI option. The boot process shows a few messages but then eventually starts the GUI. Looks fine.
When I tried to start AVIs or MKVs, the sound plays normally but the picture is not displayed, just a more or less uniform blue, brown or green colour.
My system is fairly standard, Core2Duo, Intel chipset, ATI HD3450 graphics.
I also tried the SAFE option, this one leads me directly to a login prompt.
The search/wiki did not really help.
Any hints?

Regards
Nobody has got a clue why the Live version doesn't even work on standard hardware? :confused2:

I read sth about similar problems with ION graphics but that does probably not apply here.

So, pretty please (with sugar on top, as HarveyK would say), help me so that I don't have to bury this stuff before it even started to live.
People will need a debug log to help you.

Read: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Mainly the part about obtaining your debug log.
jonassw Wrote:People will need a debug log to help you.

Read: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Mainly the part about obtaining your debug log.

I read the thread and the Wiki entry that it refers to but explanations are very scarce.
How should I save a log file when running the LIVE CD based version?
Can it be saved to a USB stick or somewhere else?
Unfortunately I am not a Linux user and I have no clue.
Quote:When I tried to start AVIs or MKVs, the sound plays normally but the picture is not displayed, just a more or less uniform blue, brown or green colour.

Hello, i have exactly the same problem. ( Looks like Philips Ambilight technology... *lol* )

My hardware: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, Core2Duo, Ati HD3650

I found no solution yet...

EDIT:
I have changed my modern ATI HD3650 against an old Nvidia GF7600GT (passive-cooled) and now everything just works fine (high defintion movies, too)...
I think the "LIVE"-edition possible have a problem with the ATI HD3xxx-series cards ?
In the past I had often problems with ATI cards @ Linux OS. - Nvidia works better with linux, i guess...

Greetings from germany...
4eversr Wrote:Hello, i have exactly the same problem. ( Looks like Philips Ambilight technology... *lol* )

My hardware: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, Core2Duo, Ati HD3650

I found no solution yet...

EDIT:
I have changed my modern ATI HD3650 against an old Nvidia GF7600GT (passive-cooled) and now everything just works fine (high defintion movies, too)...
I think the "LIVE"-edition possible have a problem with the ATI HD3xxx-series cards ?
In the past I had often problems with ATI cards @ Linux OS. - Nvidia works better with linux, i guess...

Greetings from germany...

Hello 4eversr,

thanks a lot for your reply. Looks like it is really the lousy ATI support.

What I don't understand is why this is not written clearly in the Wiki or a ReadMe file. After all, the HD3xxx series are absolutely mainstream graphics cards. My oh my ...

Regards,
Techie