Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rocket Wrote:I second that motion.

Anyone has been successful in adding custom trackers for searching on them?

Like you can do on the SabNZBd plugin for XBMC?

If somebody succeeds let me know.
zilexa Wrote:Perhaps you could already upgrade your plugin to be compatible with the new "Addons" stuff in the upcoming XBMC/current svn builds?
Or wait for an RC/beta release, maybe thats better. But I read here and there some plugins have already been adapted to work with Addons in svn builds.

I converted my plugin to an addon few weeks ago. And it displayed everything correctly. I though i finished but at the last moment i noticed that it can't actually control utorrent, it seems that there is somekind of problem with sending data over http in xbmc. I decided to stop development until dharma is released because developing an addon in a nightly build is a nightmare.
zilexa Wrote:Why should he waste his time on something like "The Episode Downloader"?
This addon relies on uTorrent. Just put some RSS feeds in uTorrent and add your tv shows + label + from wich ep number to start.
Now utorrent will automatically download your new shows and place them in the correct folder (via the label).e
In the latest uTorrent version, the WebGUI API supports rss feeds so this would implicate it would be possible to manage the feeds and hopefully the RSS downloader via webinterface. If so it shouldn't be hard to add support for this to the Addon.

In fact the current webui doesn't support rss. We'll talk about rss when the new webui is available (right now it's beta)
I just started using xbmc a couple months ago when the nightlies stopped, etcetera, so I have no experience with the old scripts system. I'm running todays nightly, can I manually install this script, and more importantly, will it work? Could someone very briefly detail whats necessary ?

thanks
Perhaps you could release the current Addon version? I'm already happy if I can see what uTorrent is downloading and its progress without having to exit XBMC. That's the most important thing for me.
Being able to Pause All so that I can watch a 720p trailer (utorrent eats my bandwith) is on 2nd place for me and searching/adding new torrents well thats just a dream Tongue
bluenote Wrote:I just started using xbmc a couple months ago when the nightlies stopped, etcetera, so I have no experience with the old scripts system. I'm running todays nightly, can I manually install this script, and more importantly, will it work? Could someone very briefly detail whats necessary ?

thanks

You can't run this plugin on nightly builds. You need the addon which is currently in beta status, meaning it's not fully functional. Addon link is at the bottom of the page.

zilexa Wrote:Perhaps you could release the current Addon version? I'm already happy if I can see what uTorrent is downloading and its progress without having to exit XBMC. That's the most important thing for me.
Being able to Pause All so that I can watch a 720p trailer (utorrent eats my bandwith) is on 2nd place for me and searching/adding new torrents well thats just a dream Tongue

Here it is: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1c6PFq...y=CPWIk90O

Install using "Install from zip file". Go to "Enabled addons -> Video addons" and configure your utorrent settings.

Knock yourself out
thanks, will try to download later because it doesn't work right now, "Google Docs Virus scan warning: unable to scan for viruses" and when I click "download anyway" nothing happens. Will try tomorrow or later.

edit: weird, still cant download.
zilexa Wrote:thanks, will try to download later because it doesn't work right now, "Google Docs Virus scan warning: unable to scan for viruses" and when I click "download anyway" nothing happens. Will try tomorrow or later.

edit: weird, still cant download.

Try this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4L916895
branlr Wrote:Forget TED-- make a controller plugin for sickbeard that displays the coming episodes + thumbs, lets you add and remove shows, and change settings for each show like quality.

Sickbeard will download torrents as well as nzbs, and if I'm not mistaken, it is cross platform. This would give XBMC the ultimate "Internet PVR functionality," for, um, non-copyrighted stuff that you can then hoard on your 10 TB NAS like it's goin out of style.

Even better if you could make some sort of homescreen widgety thing to display coming episodes that looks something like RecentlyAdded script.

Just like TED, Sickbeard has nothing to do with this plugin. On top of that, it is very difficult to implement and there is no stable version.
As i said to the other user requesting similar functionality, i'm not going to implement it. If someone else whises to integrate it in my plugin i have nothing against it.
pff all these weird requests!

The goal of this plugin, as I understand:
  • search torrents,
  • fetch all .torrents from torrentz.com for your selected torrent and
  • add them to uTorrent.
  • see uTorrent progress information
  • control uTorrent
Currently, you can only see uTorrent info + search torrents. Adding and controlling isn't working as Bonecrusher already mentioned.

I just tested the plugin and I can see uTorrent status + search. So far so good!
Although would be nice if the layout of everything got some attention. Now you only see a list of stuff, both search options and downloads.

would be nice if the current things in utorrent download list (no matter what status) where shown apart from the search stuff. And the status of the items in the list could perhaps be recognized by icons or text symbols. Also, setting and viewing the labels (choosing from labels that already exist, like in utorrent and in webui) would be a request.

I tested after installing XBMC_Dharma_32969 on WinXP SP3, using Night skin and uTorrent 2.0.3.
zilexa Wrote:Perhaps you could release the current Addon version? I'm already happy if I can see what uTorrent is downloading and its progress without having to exit XBMC. That's the most important thing for me.

bonecrusher8 Wrote:Try this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4L916895

Does anyone have the file, or a newer version of this plugin? I'm with zilexa and would be completely content/happy with just being able to view the status of uTorrent.

Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, now that dharma betas are out, any chance of this plugin getting fixed up?
Does this script work with Confluence on Win 7? Apologies for the newb question, I tried installing this script several ways and it never shows up in the add-ons section within confluence.

I have utorrent installed and running on Confluence but it does not offer the ability to search for torrentz within xbmc. If this add-on/plugin doesn't work in confluence is there an add-on with that functionality?
devinepaul Wrote:Does this script work with Confluence on Win 7? Apologies for the newb question, I tried installing this script several ways and it never shows up in the add-ons section within confluence.

I have utorrent installed and running on Confluence but it does not offer the ability to search for torrentz within xbmc. If this add-on/plugin doesn't work in confluence is there an add-on with that functionality?

Confluence is not the problem, this plugin is not updated to the dharma version of xbmc.
Oh well, that explains it.

Well, I will continue looking for a plugin that features a torrent search engine with the ability to download search results.

best of luck to all involved with this plugin project.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6