Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Amplifier doesn't switch back after DTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now using:

Ubuntu 9.10
9.11-karmic1

removed Pulseaudio ('cause it gave me Failed to initialize audio problems - DTS issue was already present)

Both Audio outputs are on: iec958 ( tried default - no luck )

I'm using a Coaxial cable to connect my PC to my Marantz SR5000 amp.

Using onboard soundcard - ICH5 chipset

Sound works all very well ( DTS, AC3, MP3, ...) (crossfading music doesn't work -> Failed to initialize audio when using this feature - but not so important for me )

The problem what I have now is when viewing a DTS movie, the Marantz switches to DTS mode and the sound works fine.
If I stop the movie, the amp stays in DTS mode, so I don't have menu-sounds, nor music when playing mp3 audio.

What I need to do is manually switch my Marantz back to Dolby Pro Logic, and all is back ok. Until I decide to watch a DTS movie again...

Before I used the linux version, I used the original Xbox with HD-cable.
At that moment the Marantz did the switchback from DTS to Dolby by itself.
So I suppose this should be possible.

Anyone got ideas ?
thx in advance
jimmeuh Wrote:Now using:

Ubuntu 9.10
9.11-karmic1

removed Pulseaudio ('cause it gave me Failed to initialize audio problems - DTS issue was already present)

Both Audio outputs are on: iec958 ( tried default - no luck )

I'm using a Coaxial cable to connect my PC to my Marantz SR5000 amp.

Using onboard soundcard - ICH5 chipset

Sound works all very well ( DTS, AC3, MP3, ...) (crossfading music doesn't work -> Failed to initialize audio when using this feature - but not so important for me )

The problem what I have now is when viewing a DTS movie, the Marantz switches to DTS mode and the sound works fine.
If I stop the movie, the amp stays in DTS mode, so I don't have menu-sounds, nor music when playing mp3 audio.

What I need to do is manually switch my Marantz back to Dolby Pro Logic, and all is back ok. Until I decide to watch a DTS movie again...

Before I used the linux version, I used the original Xbox with HD-cable.
At that moment the Marantz did the switchback from DTS to Dolby by itself.
So I suppose this should be possible.

Anyone got ideas ?
thx in advance
------------------------

I have the exact same problem om ubuntu.

My solution Smile

Start the movie : "FAiled to initialize audio yada yada yada..."
press escape. start the movie again (My Receiver changes the sound to DTS) and the sound is back Smile

so you need to enter a movie twice. if it Fails the first time.
strange thing is, with the older version of xbmc, i never had this problem..
Not quite the same problem as mine I suppose, since I don't get a "Failed to initialize audio" message and the problem occurs after seeing a DTS movie.