Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help, can't get images or library set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, been working on this a few days now and just cannot get it figured out. Please tell me where I am going wrong.

Running XBMC on a WIN 7 htpc. This is/was a new XBMC install

Converted all of my movies to MKV.

Used Media Companion to ID and tag all the movies. Here is the folder structure for the movie 2012.

I:/Video/Movie/2012
-2012.mkv
-2012.nfo
-2012.tbn
-2012-fanart.jpg

I added the file I:/Video/Movie as the source, and set the Contents as Movies.

When I navigate in XBMC to the movie folder, all of the folders are blank. if I navigate down to an actual movie, I have 2 files that show up, one that has the poster and is named as the mkv file, and another that is a blueish film strip that is the mkv file.
I cannot get anything to populate in the Movies Folder, it keeps telling me to add it from the videos link.

I want to make it cover flow and show the folder and fan art, but am missing something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Thanks I have read and done all of that already, how do I post a debugging log on here? There is no attachment button and it won't let me paste....

I think the problem is that it will not let me put it into library mode the button is grayed out.
aawshads Wrote:Thanks I have read and done all of that already, how do I post a debugging log on here? There is no attachment button and it won't let me paste....

I think the problem is that it will not let me put it into library mode the button is grayed out.

Yes but that is normally as the result of user error in setting up the content/source detail. See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 for info on how to carry out a debug log and how to post the same using pastebin.
steelman1991 Wrote:Yes but that is normally as the result of user error in setting up the content/source detail. See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 for info on how to carry out a debug log and how to post the same using pastebin.

I am sure it is user error somewhere, but I have been reading the wiki + forums for over a week and trying anything I can to no avail. It's not like I am a computer noob, I build and run them for a living, but I am missing a setting or something somewhere in XBMC to bring out the eye candy and ease of use. Thanks for your help.
I am sure it is user error somewhere, but I have been reading the wiki + forums for over a week and trying anything I can to no avail. It's not like I am a computer noob, I build and run them for a living, but I am missing a setting or something somewhere in XBMC to bring out the eye candy and ease of use. Thanks for your help.
Did you actually follow and read any of the stuff I provided?

People if you need help with scraping issues, you MUST include a full debug log from a scanning session linked to from a pastebin service.
And yes, it's the Debug log we need, not the normal XBMC log.
sho Wrote:Did you actually follow and read any of the stuff I provided?

People if you need help with scraping issues, you MUST include a full debug log from a scanning session linked to from a pastebin service.
And yes, it's the Debug log we need, not the normal XBMC log.

Yes I promise you, I have read those pages over before, and again this morning. I think what I am going to do is uninstall and then reinstall XBMC tonight, and try everything again step by step. If I cannot get it at that point I will toss up a log so that people can tell me where I am missing a setting. Thanks for all of your help.