Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DialogXXXScan Skinning - Huh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok...I KIND of get whats going on in DialogVideoScan and DialogMusicScan XMLs. Obviously they are referencing some kind of infolabel or something (401, 402, 403, etc.) that is the text for what's being scanned.

However...where the heck are these defined so I know what's what? It doesn't seem to be per skin as all skins use the same numbers but...I can't figure out what each one specifically is...

And...why there's two progress bars (403 & 404).

Thanks in advance for any clarification. (Searching the wiki I couldn't find anything)
To answer at least one of your questions, as far as I know, one of the progressbars is for the progress for single artist/file while the other one is for the progress all together. Dont know which one is which though.

I think confluence or mediastream use both progressbars.
401 is the title (ie Downloading Movie Information)
402 is the path of the file being scanned
405 is the name of the file being scanned
Thanks D0n and Hitcher.

Just curious, but is this documented somewhere and I missed it or...are those 401/402/etc items not in the wiki?

(Side note: The wiki's search kind of stinks - infolabel didn't turn up the infolabels page. I added in a redirect stub - kind of - but it really should)
Necromancyr Wrote:Thanks D0n and Hitcher.

Just curious, but is this documented somewhere and I missed it or...are those 401/402/etc items not in the wiki?

(Side note: The wiki's search kind of stinks - infolabel didn't turn up the infolabels page. I added in a redirect stub - kind of - but it really should)

I agree, the wiki is tough to navigate when what you want is not on the main page.
Then PLEASE improve it.
Improving the wiki search backend is a bit beyond what anyone with normal access to the wiki would be able to do I believe.

And, as I noted, I already added one link to something I found via roundabout means but...how exactly is one to add stub links when you can't even find the information in the first place because of the limited search capabilities?
It's not the search that's the issue here, it's the lack of content. Get the content sorted and the search is doable later.

I think we need a way to get this information directly from the sources though - i.e. have the "special buttons" documentation embedded within the XBMC source so that it can get auto-generated for the wiki.

Any volunteers to write the docs? I'm more than happy to explore the best way to get it done as far as the auto-generation, but the docs will need doing by someone else - it will simply be listing the id's and what they're for inside the XBMC source files.

Cheers,
Jonathan