Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and Unraid - A Media Organisation Solution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really sure which forum to put this in, so trying here.

What are peoples thoughts on the feasability of this?

In the next few months or so i plan to build both an unraid server and an XBMC htpc, so i have been researching them both.

Its possible to install MySQL and PHP on unraid, PHP is what im comfortable with as its what i do every day at work, i also created the MyTV Web Collection (which has been down for a while due to some change at thetvdb of which im currently a moderator, though havent been able to spend much time there lately) which is a PHP app that integrates with the VMC program MyTV to display users TV collections on the website.

I have read that its also possible to use a central MySQL database for XBMC as well, although from what i've read, its in its infancy.

My plan for Unraid is to archive all my media on it, so Movies, TV, Music, but also e-books, software, games etc, i could then create a web interface to browse my media.

I should be able to use the xbmc database to display info on tv/movies/music, i will look into sources for scraping info on books, software, games etc.

Using xbmcs JSON-RPC should make it possible to control xbmc from the web interface.

Of course until i've got both sorted its hard to work out how feasable this is going to be, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know, also any pointers on where to look for scraping books, software and games would be hepful.