Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [live] HELP! upgraded distro, xbmc no longer works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I ran the following commands on my install of xbmc-live to A. update package lists, B. get the newest software, and C. upgrade to the newest distro

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Now xbmc doesn't launch when I boot.
*ahem* HALP!!!

it is worth noting that when it boots it still says it's on ubuntu 9.04, and trying to dist-upgrade again doesn't give me 9.10.
is there any way to reinstall XBMCLive w/o deleting my media?
If you installed your home on it's own directory, there should be no problem.

Also, you can just back up the .xbmc directory.

What error are you getting when you try to start? It could just be that you need to re-install the drivers (assuming the upgrade brought in a new kernel.)
I think you mean its own partition, which I didn't.
and I did reinstall the drivers, but it still doesnt work. X starts now, but xbmc doesn't.
I had a similar problem after upgrading a program. Try deleting the xbmc-live symlink under /etc/rc0.d then rebuilding it.

rm /etc/rc0.d/K20xbmc-live
ln -s /etc/rc0.d/K20xbmclive /etc/init.d/xbmc-live

I think, I always get the order for the ln command mixed up, so if it tells you that the file already exists swap the two files around.

Also, try chmod 777 /etc/init.d/xbmc-live. Permissions could have screwed up when you upgraded.
Well whatever, I just backed up all my stuff and installed the latest version from scratch.