Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] xbmc don't use the wireless connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

first of all, THX for such a great Software! i love it.

So here is my Problem. I am using a Zotac ION Board and the wireless Connection is working from the console.

On the console i can ping to my PC and i also can make a ping to www.google.de. So i think all seems to be ok with the wireless conn.

But xbmc don't use it. I can not see the weather information nor the scrapers can connect to the internet.

With the LAN Connection it works. So what can i do that xbmc also use wlan0 for the internet?

eth0 -> all functions are ok (wired conn.)
wlan0 -> ssh to and from the box - ok
-> ping from console to www.google.de - ok
-> xbmc scrapers or weather or any other internet/lan conn - not ok

Within xbmc the information Tab show me the ip and all seems to be ok.
The Proxy is disabled.

Sorry for my bad english Wink

Thx for your help,
Eleas
Hi @ all,

some new infos about my Problem with the Wifi Conn.

It works, but really slow. It is not the Router. With my Laptop, i get a normal feeling of internet speed. Copying files from any PC to the notebook is also fast.

If i copy files to the xbmc, it hangs every few seconds. and the copy speed is really bad. So i think there is still a Problem with the wifi.

If i click refresh at the weather settings, the weather info will be updated. But in the main screen i don't get the scrolling news at the bottom nor the weather at top after booting XBMC.

has anybody an idea?

Thx,
Eleas
ZOTAC wireless is known to be VERY VERY crappy. Check the ZOTAC support forums.

Buy a small cheap USB wireless N for $20 and blacklist the onboard one.

That is likely not what you wanted to hear but there it is.

Another bandaid solution would be to use the bleeding edge compat wireless drivers. You will only see minor improvement but it may be enough to do the job.
i have an old NetGear USB Wireless PC Adapter and i will look if it is better with this one.

Thx
Eleas