Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: About the movies section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I want to see in my movie section those nifty pictures and dvd covers and plots... I know I have to turn on the library mode right?

I own some movies, some others I got are those low quality stereo movies that you get off the 'net, but the question is do I have to have each movie in a separate folder? The ones I own... will it work if I copy the whole DVD contents to a folder or do I need to make an iso?

The tvshows I have are all in different folders, and their respective banners do show though I havent yet gone as far as seeing the tv series as in the pictures, that show the plot and stuff like that.

How should I do this?

ELP
Thanks for the suggestion. I read all that and decided to start organizing folders so that it was more properly done, and I'm finding stuff I havent seen there or I'm simply understanding it wrong.

Eliminated my video source and instead I first added the TV shows folder. Created a folder with the shows name and then proceeded to drop the season folders inside. Select content as tvshow and the scraper and did the scan... and all it brought was the series cover and fanart, but... in all of them says... 0 episodes and 0 unwatched episodes.

Eliminated the main series name folder and just left it as before, all season folders inside the main tvshows folder, set content again and did the scan again... with same results, it doesnt see any of the episodes inside but it does recognize the series names with just 2 errors, brings 2 more series in... which I guess is a confusion because one of the series I have the name is very similar, but I'm not sure if I can 'remove' them or the implications of doing it.

Decided to do the same with the movies folder. Put every movie in its own folder but made sure folder name was not part of the scan criteria. It did find the vast majority of the movies BUT.. the ones I have as 'iso' or just the 'video_ts' (and audio) folders inside... dont. I would have hoped that these would fare better. I liked noticing that PM3.HD had the logos describing features of the enclosed movie.. 5.1, 720, DTS, whatever, I liked that. I noticed that those that I described above didnt appear in the movie list, and others that were videofiles didnt but I'm sure is related to the name.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that after I had set the tvshows... everytime I went into videos or tvshows, it showed the same content. It was driving me crazy till I went and deactivated library mode and reactivated it again.

Now I'm wondering what will happen when I put the music videos folder and set it as it should....

ELP
Re-read it again.... the naming of them files.........
Well... not working. I tried to mimic the example...

tv show name
....season 1
....season 2
....season 3

All files inside seasons are named as per the wiki suggestion. I keep getting more and more tv shows that I dont have. I eliminated the whole tvshows source again without deleting actual data and started again, add source, set content and.... again sees the names well (only 4 series I have) and then... no episodes inside. If I turn off the library mode... I see the season folders and the episodes inside.

I guess the only thing missing to try is to put all episodes in same folder. One thing that confuses me though, in one of the episodes I have a kind of 'the making of' episode and this is the only episode recognized but XBMC lists it as 1x01 whereas the name has nothing of the sort, in fact, no episode no season, just bonus and name, and it keeps being recognized as 1x01 pilot.

Gonna take a small break. Any suggestions or a way better to organize files so that xmbc understands what I have in them?

ELP
look at the log. it tells you what its finding / not finding. otherwise turn on debug mode & share your log file (with a pastebin url not inline)
What are your file names?

for my TV shows i have a main TV Shows folder within there a folder for each TV Shows and all the episodes for that show inside there.

So for example TV Show Dexter:

TV Shows -> Dexter -> So1E01.avi, S01E02.avi, S02E01.avi, S02E02.avi etc

Set content for the TV Shows folder and scan folder it should all come in then
@Zosky: Log... looking at log.... (finding log first) Smile

@andrpro: Same here, I have a tvshows folder and then I used to have like...

Tvshows >> Stargate Atlantis S1 >> episodes (renamed them all according as the wiki, including tvshow name). The only thing missing to try on that is having all episodes in just one folder.

@sho: Guess I'll have to divide the log, as its too big. But at least I noticed that the log shows that sees the episodes, but:

Code:
"23:57:32 T:3007998832 M:1539059712   ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode /home/elpirata/Videos/TV Shows/Ed/ED S01E05 Better Days.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

I'm splitting the log and post it in next reply...
Part 1 of the log

http://pastebin.ca/1861281

Part 2 of the log

http://pastebin.ca/1861283

ELP
Ok, since providing the log doenst do much Tongue can you provide me some info about that thing that is on the quoted line on the post above?

"Check your tvshow.info" - I checked the wiki and copied the example provided and now I'm trying to add the info I have for my 'series'. A couple questions I have... For example, if I have 4 seasons... I know I should have one tvshow.info file but do I have to have 4 individual sections for each season? this would make sense since many times, the banner changes from season to season, but... when I activated the library mode it only shows the tvshow once.

What do I do with those tags I have no information/data to put for? Leave them blank? (example: <outline></outline> - I dont know what the outline is)

The <episodeguide> tag I dont understand. I see the URL and I see that the example on the wiki points to a "en.zip" file, but when I browse the site and get to the seriesname, I see the link to episodes list but is not a zip file.

There are some fields that have data input as -1, what does that mean?

Can someone provide me a tvshow.nfo file other than the one in the wiki so I can compare it with?

I'm going to rename all episode names so that they only have S01E01.avi and see if this helps as well.

ELP
I like to use something like this:
my.favorite.show.s01e01.mkv

Always works for me. Also with the folder structure you have to keep things neat.
Yeah, I tried that already but all my episodes report that kind of the same error, no episode guide and to check the tvshow.nfo. I'm really confused on how to proceed from here on.
You seem to have tvshow.nfo files with your files that's confusing XBMC.
In the future, please follow the instructions I gave you about posting the debug log.
Thanks Sho, lesson learned.

Gonna try and delete those .nfo files, but so far I find only a few, any way to know how many did the log show?

ELP
Pages: 1 2