Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom searchstrings, stripping from filenames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I'm new to XBMC so I hope this is the right place to post this.

When using this AWESOME program I came across a problem I seem to be unable to resolve:
In all my movies i noted the respective language within the filename. For example: "Star Wars Eisode 1 (english).avi"
This seems to be really confusing to whatever scraper I tried.
Of course I could manually update every file individually and take away the "(english)" in the searchstring send to the scraper to make it work properly. But thats obviously something I'd like to avoid.

So my idea was to modify the scraper to strip away the "(english)" from the used searchstring. But from everything I've read this is not possible as the whole searchstring is send to the scraper from XBMC and the scraper.xml itself only handles the processing of the search results.
I this correct?

But i also came accross this interesting side-note in the XBMC Wiki: "This is usually the filename stripped by some words e.g. DVDRip, Xvid ..".
If this is the case it should be possible to just add the "(english)" to the list of stuff to strip out of the filename and my problem would be solved.
Unfortunately I could not find a way how I could do this.
Is the Strip-List hardcoded into XBMC?

So are there any suggestions of how I may solve this?

thank you,
regards.
Hey guys,

I found out myself but instead of deleting this post I'll post the solution here.
Its quite simple using the advancedsettings.xml

This has the option "cleanstrings".
lookie here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...strings.3E

I just inserted |\(english\)| in the regex and voila Smile

yaay Smile