Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AVS Gear HA-IR01SV Universal Remote Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been searching for a solution to this for a while and can't get it sorted out, so I'm asking for help.

I bought an AVS Gear HA-IR01SV remote to use with my XBMC Live installed on an Acer Aspire Revo.

Starting up the machine with the IR receiver plugged in, the red light on the front of the unit stays on when XBMC boots fully and then never shuts off. Pressing buttons on the remote does nothing, irw reports nothing.

If I unplug and re-plug the USB cable of the IR receiver, the red light goes off and irw shows the correct key presses for all keys on the remote. However, the XBMC does not register the remote commands, and XBMC often will crash within minutes of doing this.

I had gotten it to work intermittently in the past by:
  • Purging and reinstalling lirc
  • Choosing "Windows Media Remote (new, Phillips et. al)" as the type

However, this method no longer works, and even when it did work a couple of times, the remote would stop working once I rebooted.

(I am a little confused as to whether this remote actually requires that lirc be installed; I initially installed it to try to get a different remote to work. However, when I booting from the XBMC Live CD, the remote still exhibits the same behavior.)

I'm starting to think that the IR receiver might be defective hardware, but am wondering if there's just something I have mis-configured.

Any help would be appreciated!

System Info (because I read the sticky Wink) :
  1. Linux distro version: Linux XBMCLive 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
  2. Architecture: i686
  3. XBMC SVN revision: XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled May 25 2009)
  4. Install method: XBMC Live Installer with Nvidia Drivers
  5. Debug log

Thanks!