Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: h264 video plays fine on mplayer standalone, lags on xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As the title says, I have some h264 files that play fine when running them out of the shell with mplayer.
However, when running the same files on xbmc, they lag on playback which is not the case when I do it with mplayer on standalone.

Another problem which may or may not be related is that xbmc hangs after a while, I can manage to access the menus, but the sound is gone and as soon as I try to play something or exit xbmc freezes and I have to kill -9 through ssh.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
debug log.. and are you running mplayer with some accelaration?
elupus Wrote:debug log.. and are you running mplayer with some accelaration?

Do I post all of the log? it is pretty massive...

As far as mplayer is concerned I just type in a terminal:

--$ mplayer h264_file.mkv

So I don't think there is any kind of acceleration in standalone. I have a pretty much default install for xbmc, so I didn't mess with the options.
Here is the log with the Folder scanning stuff cut off from the beginning.
Hope it helps.

http://pastebin.com/Xanw70NF

After reading it myself, not sure whether it would be related or not, it would seem that XBMC uses DVDPlayer to play my h264 file.
Do you have VDPAU selected in the video playback options? If so, you need to reinstall the video drivers and VDPAU, as it is not loading.
You seem to be running really horrible drivers (or have an too old gfx). It's running in software mode due to lack of either arb shaders or glsl shaders.

But since you managed to cut out that part of the log... I can't tell what you are running.