Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does not play the next track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 'play next track automatically' set in the music preferences.

However come the next track, no dice. Just stops

http://pastebin.com/6hi5tj8s
OK this would appear to be a 'fact' of 'Queue songs on selection'

If you have that one checked then it prevents an album from playing beginning to end.

This would appear to cancel the entire idea out. After all the problem with the queue system as it was is that you had to start a queue then goto 'now playing' then get the queue up and delete the tracks from the rest of the album of the first tracked queued.

The new 'queue items on selection' button does away with that headache and thats great.

However in order to just pick and album and hit play I now have to go back to the settings page, then music, then playback and untick 'Queue items' just so I can play an album, and later when I want to queue something up I have to go back to settings and repeat the process.

This does not make a lot of sense.
Or you could just press PLAY on the item rather than SELECT. This is either available directly on your remote (eg harmony) or is available via the context menu.

Note that if you have "play" as the select action rather than "queue" then pressing QUEUE will do the same thing.

My only suggestion for improvement of this feature is to somehow combine the two options. This, however, is non-trivial. Effectively what you want is the first SELECT to be PLAY, and all other SELECT's to be QUEUE. While that sounds great, it's not what you actually want. eg nothing is playing, you press SELECT on song 1 from album 1. You then navigate around a bit and press SELECT on song 3 from album 2. What happens is that album 1 plays all the way through and then song 3 from album 2 plays. Not what you were after, right?

There's currently a review of the playlist stuff being done so that we can get things right for the JSONRPC interface. Once that is done (not gonna be anytime soon) we'll adopt the same things for the UI, which will solve this dilemma.

Cheers,
Jonathan
OK Thanks Jonathon, that sounds fine so hitting select (which I have been doing) is effectively starting a queue. So all I have to do is hit play for an album.

I can live with that and would love to know what JSONRPC is Wink