Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VDPAU Screen corruption at the beginning of a movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

is there any way, regarding xorg, driver or xbmc config to get rid of the known screen corruption issue when starting a HD movie using vdpau rendering.
I am talking about a messed up screen during the first few seconds, when starting playback. It goes away then and playpack is normal. It's just a little bit annoying.

I am running SVN r28276, Nvidia 195.36.15 and Ubuntu Lucid AMD64.
I read a few other threads about it, but didn't find a good solution/workaround.
The issue seems related to refresh rate adjust, as mentioned in other threads. Turning that off fixes it, but I don't wanna lose the correct refresh rates ...

Is anyone out there that has found a fix or workaround for this?

thanks

boba
Only when auto refreshrate enabled right? I have an idea on how to solve it if that is the case.
should hopefully be fixed in svn
Right, only when auto refresh is enabled. You already checked in a fix? Couldn't tell if the issue was still there in the latest svn. I have been running 28276 because ProjectM still works there.
Could you post the patch maybe, so I might apply it to 28276?

thanks

boba
Thanks elu, modified the patch to work with 28276, compiling the new build now. Will report if it fixes the issue ...

thanks again bro

boba
Works great! Thanks again elu. Here is my modified patch that works with 28276. Maybe with 28256 that others are still using as well ....

http://pastebin.org/155147

boba
I'm using 28256 too and having the same problem. Is there any way to fix it without uptade to the newest svn ?
Sure, you have to checkout 28256 or 28276 sources from source, apply the patch and compile xbmc. If you are using PPA packages, there is no way to fix it yourself.

boba
boba23 Wrote:Sure, you have to checkout 28256 or 28276 sources from source, apply the patch and compile xbmc. If you are using PPA packages, there is no way to fix it yourself.

boba

thx I'll have to wait until the next stable than
I can also confirm that this change fix the issue. Thank you very much Elupus! Cool

However, boba23, your diff was not working for me.
Here is the diff I applied on r28276 and was working for me if anyone interested:
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/RMipNdkp
Hey olympia,

strange ... the diff I posted should be the exact same one, that I applied to 28276 :-)
Unless I made a mistake while copy/paste or something ....

boba